Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VulcansFury

Quote from: tylerh on December 06, 2018, 05:51:21 PM
Im sorry but after reading this thread I don't understand the hate going on.

No one has a gun to your head to make you buy anything.  Nobody forces you to become a completist.  No one makes you rebuy figures you already have because they have new packaging. Nobody makes you buy a 3 3/4 inch universal monster because you collect universal monsters.

We are literally in a new golden age of action figures. You can buy action figures of almost ANYTHING now. Just buy what you like - That is the point.
If you don't like it, instead of buying it and complaining about "having to " on forums (Which really doesnt affect anything) actually complain WITH YOUR WALLET and start passing on figures you dont want or need.

Don't like exclusives? Then DONT BUY EXCLUSIVES. SDCC is a major revenue source for smaller toy companies and exclusives are a huge reason for this.

I love toys but forum complaining has become to the grown up version of throwing a tantrum in the middle of the toy aisle.

Maybe you should go back and reread what was very clearly written? I dont see where you jump from us complaining about spreading out availabilty of the same shows exclusives over weeks online and lack of communication as "having a gun to our head".  But if it makes you so much better than everyone else to point out how more mature you are over your completely misconstrued reasoning, then youre justas big a part of your self-imagined tantrum. Your failure to understand what has been very clearly spelled out along with your holier-than-thou attitude about it doesnt contribute anything of value to the conversation. Nobody here is complaining that they make exclusives, go back and read.

zombiehorror

Quote from: tylerh on December 06, 2018, 05:51:21 PM
Im sorry but after reading this thread I don't understand the hate going on.

No one has a gun to your head to make you buy anything.  Nobody forces you to become a completist.  No one makes you rebuy figures you already have because they have new packaging. Nobody makes you buy a 3 3/4 inch universal monster because you collect universal monsters.

We are literally in a new golden age of action figures. You can buy action figures of almost ANYTHING now. Just buy what you like - That is the point.
If you don't like it, instead of buying it and complaining about "having to " on forums (Which really doesnt affect anything) actually complain WITH YOUR WALLET and start passing on figures you dont want or need.

Don't like exclusives? Then DONT BUY EXCLUSIVES. SDCC is a major revenue source for smaller toy companies and exclusives are a huge reason for this.

I love toys but forum complaining has become to the grown up version of throwing a tantrum in the middle of the toy aisle.

Here's another way of looking at it.  Let's say that two or three toy companies have a Universal license and the majority of fans agree that all have released subpar product and we have boycotted it by not purchasing said product; now a toy company comes along that actually puts effort behind their product, they look at the Universal license and its sales from the past few years and see that Universal monsters haven't sold all that well.  They then decide it isn't worth their time to invest in said license....isn't that kind of like having a "gun to your head" to buy inferior products to ensure the future of other related products?

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: zombiehorror on December 09, 2018, 07:58:09 PM
... Let's say that two or three toy companies have a Universal license and the majority of fans agree that all have released subpar product and we have boycotted it by not purchasing said product; now a toy company comes along that actually puts effort behind their product, they look at the Universal license and its sales from the past few years and see that Universal monsters haven't sold all that well.  They then decide it isn't worth their time to invest in said license.... 

I've heard that rationale mainy times before.

How come no one ever takes the opposite side of the argument:

Maybe the new company on the scene will notice that quality sells and junk sits on the shelves forever - and then decide they should emulate the  quality company.

If we buy crap whenever it shows up, why would anyone ever put out the extra effort or expenditure to make something better?

Seems the first position is like the abused spouse that is mild, meek and uncomplaining.  They keep getting beat up and trying to deal with it by appeasing the abuser by being even more mild, meek and uncomplaining - always with the same result.

Toy manufacturer's aren't going to make anything better than what collectors are already willing to buy.
ADAM

LordMudd

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on December 10, 2018, 12:21:15 AM
I've heard that rationale mainly times before.

How come no one ever takes the opposite side of the argument:

Maybe the new company on the scene will notice that quality sells and junk sits on the shelves forever - and then decide they should emulate the  quality company.

If we buy crap whenever it shows up, why would anyone ever put out the extra effort or expenditure to make something better?

Seems the first position is like the abused spouse that is mild, meek and uncomplaining.  They keep getting beat up and trying to deal with it by appeasing the abuser by being even more mild, meek and uncomplaining - always with the same result.

Hypothetically true, until that one freak comes along with a personal vendetta against  what you collect, so he cuts the quality, so sales drop and he says "See, nobody wants this so no point in making it anymore." and cuts you off. Intentionally implemented self fulfilling prophecy, or as MJ put it: "You can't win, you can't break even, you can't get out of the game."

CCC.

Toy manufacturer's aren't going to make anything better than what collectors are already willing to buy.

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on December 10, 2018, 12:21:15 AM

Jeez, now I feel guilty for buying that Mego Frankenstein.

John Pertwee

Quote from: Mord on December 10, 2018, 03:49:28 PM

Don't worry, I made up for it by buying 2, and 3 Screaming Werewolf figures.

LordMudd

My other Maria arrived, loose side by side.

CCC.

tylerh

edited: Over it

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on December 10, 2018, 03:49:28 PM

Unless you're going to customize it, you probably should,lol. I skipped him and Screamy Face Wolf. No interest.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on December 11, 2018, 03:09:33 PM

Unless you're going to customize it, you probably should,lol. I skipped him and Screamy Face Wolf. No interest.
Well, the dust in my room needed somewhere to land.

Anton Phibes

glane21

Heads up to anyone who does want some of the Reaction figures and wants to make a big order to avoid multiple shipping charges, Super 7 is offering some discount codes through tomorrow:

Because it's the most wonderful time of the year take advantage of these promo codes towards any ReAction Figure order for the next 48 hours until Friday (12/14). Use the codes at checkout.
REACTION10 for 10% off ReAction Figures orders of $30
REACTION15 for 15% off ReAction Figures orders of $60
REACTION20 for 20% off ReAction Figures orders of $90

BRICK

Quote from: Anton Phibes on December 11, 2018, 03:09:33 PM

Did someone say customize?

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Anton Phibes

So, has ANYONE heard ANYTHING about the release of he next wave of Universal Monsters 3 3/4 inch figures? The wave that we assume will contain Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Invisible Man, and ? and ?. Just curious as I thought the rumor was the next wave would be coming up for order this month. I,myself, haven't heard anything. i was wondering if anyone else had. Thanks. Sure is awfully quiet around here these days. Like a tomb. Not liking it. :'(