Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palifan

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 14, 2018, 04:00:31 AM
So the "Convention Exclusive" really isn't?  That sounds like a deliberate misrepresentation by the manufacturer.  Not saying they are dishonest.  Just saying that it sounds that way to my uninformed ear.  Wonder how it would appear to convention attendees?

Why all the hype?  Why not simply make a product, advertise its price and sell it to interested parties?  Why is everything accompanied by yet another promotional yank?

Just askin'.

You're right about it saying exclusive on it so I've no idea about this. It's defiantly getting a release after the convention though but maybe it'll be a different variant. I would just hang on if you're after it as it will see the light of day in some form and I'm sure the main release will look the closest to the one in the film.

Ian

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 14, 2018, 04:00:31 AM
Why not simply make a product, advertise its price and sell it to interested parties? 

Don't be tryin' to scare people with your fancy "logic"!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

BRICK

It's kind of hard to believe that they haven't sold all 85 of the prints by now.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

John Pertwee

I clicked the link last night around 7 and the page was gone. I have kept checking overnight and no luck.
I'll see them on ebay soon, I'm sure.

Palifan

Quote from: John Pertwee on November 24, 2018, 01:24:05 PM
I clicked the link last night around 7 and the page was gone. I have kept checking overnight and no luck.
I'll see them on ebay soon, I'm sure.

Sorry to hear that and unfortunately they didn't last long. The shipping for me in the UK was $23 so it was a pass for me but then a UK stockist who receives some of Super7's stock had them in this morning so I managed to get one. It was still expensive though as it was £24 here plus the shipping. Quite a mark up on the original price tag of $15 but that's the way things are in the UK (don't even get me started on the price of the new Mego Monsters over here when you can find them on eBay  ::)).

I do think though that this figure will be plentiful if you wait as this is just an exclusive colorways and I'm sure the standard release will be closer to the version in the film so it might be worth holding out unless there's one on eBay that's at a fair price.

Ian

Monsters For Sale

Well, I guess Maria was genuinely a "Con Exclusive", if the leftovers didn't last a full day.

I bought one about 5 minutes after Palifan notified us they were on the site.  Thanks for the notification.
ADAM

Palifan

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 24, 2018, 04:48:57 PM
Well, I guess Maria was genuinely a "Con Exclusive", if the leftovers didn't last a full day.

I bought one about 5 minutes after Palifan notified us they were on the site.  Thanks for the notification.

Happy I could help out Adam and I am glad I picked one up also but as mentioned I do think this will come back again so it's worth keeping an eye out if others are after one.

Ian

Monsters For Sale

Monsters In Motion is listing Maria as a Very Limited pre-order, with a promise to ship on November 30th.

Here is another chance to get Metropolis' Maria at retail:

https://tinyurl.com/y8ncbxgl
ADAM

John Pertwee

LordMudd

I was thinking about this yesterday and it occurred to me that it only took them 95 years to make a figure of this iconic character.

CCC.

marsattacks666

Quote from: LordMudd on November 29, 2018, 07:21:09 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday and it occurred to me that it only took them 95 years to make a figure of this iconic character.

CCC.

:o
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: LordMudd on November 29, 2018, 07:21:09 PM

Don't know who "them" is, but there have been other METROPOLIS robot figures. Probably no older than a couple of decades, though. Funko made a bobble-head a few years back.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Devlin

There have been multiple statues, model kits, etc., but it's true that this is the first action figure. Of course, the concept of an "action figure" didn't exist for approximately the first 40 years of that interval!

Devlin

I believe that the Maria was promoted not as a show exclusive, but rather as a show debut. Don't know how many of this particular version and card were made, but we have 10 coming to the shop, and, if I can quote from an e-mail from my rep, "This is the black version (yup, we'll have more versions in the future), on a foil card." So don't panic.