Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 22, 2018, 11:16:14 PM
Creature buckets on ebay right now. About $60 shipped.

Somebody bought one.

By-the-way, the auction picture shows the bucket from a different angle and the eyes don't look that great to me.  Certainly good enough for a Halloween item.

What do you guys think?

I hope the Frankenstein Bucket looks better from different angles.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 22, 2018, 11:16:14 PM
Creature buckets on ebay right now. About $60 shipped.

We'll see if anybody is dumb enough to pay it.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Seller had Frankenstein Buckets, too.

I guess he looks OK from this angle.  Better than the Creature's eyes do - to me.

Judging from the bigger pictures, it looks like the plastic on these is nice and thick.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 23, 2018, 02:15:31 AM
We'll see if anybody is dumb enough to pay it.

I doubt its a matter of being dumb....just uninformed and maybe a tad desperate. I cannot tell you how many times in the past I bought something overpriced, only to realize they were sitting on a website someplace for half what I paid. That's when I started looking before I took leaps. Most times it pays off to investigate before taking a plunge.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 23, 2018, 02:47:19 AM
I doubt its a matter of being dumb....just uninformed and maybe a tad desperate. I cannot tell you how many times in the past I bought something overpriced, only to realize they were sitting on a website someplace for half what I paid. That's when I started looking before I took leaps. Most times it pays off to investigate before taking a plunge.

Seller lists this as a "NYCC 2018 exclusive".  Maybe the buyer can't attend and was burned on the other show exclusives and is afraid of missing out altogether on this, too.

Then again, maybe he is just well-heeled enough not to care very much about what he considers a minor purchase.

We're all different. 

Chorus:  Yes, we're all different. 

Lone voice:  Not me.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 23, 2018, 02:58:45 AM
Seller lists this as a "NYCC 2018 exclusive".  Maybe the buyer can't attend and was burned on the other show exclusives and is afraid of missing out altogether on this, too.

Then again, maybe he is just well-heeled enough not to care very much about what he considers a minor purchase.

We're all different. 

Chorus:  Yes, we're all different. 

Lone voice:  Not me.

Yes, sometimes the boat sails on things we miss into deep waters and cannot be obtained. Other times it crashes on the rocks and can be had for nothing. Ya rolls the dice, ya takes yer chances,lol.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 23, 2018, 02:47:19 AM
I doubt its a matter of being dumb....just uninformed

OK, ignorant. Lazy. Trigger happy.  ;D ;D ;D
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 23, 2018, 02:11:15 AM
By-the-way, the auction picture shows the bucket from a different angle and the eyes don't look that great to me.  Certainly good enough for a Halloween item.

What do you guys think?
Could be better, could be worse. But, like Mike said, somebody finally made a Creature bucket so I'm getting it. And, like you said, the sculpt is fine for a Halloween item. $20 isn't bad, $60 is painfully excessive.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

aura of foreboding

I like them mostly because they are buckets.  If they were busts, not so much.  I like the Frankie more than the Creature.  Really dig the color on the Frank.  It definitely beats the last Frankenstein bucket we got back in the late 90s.  Will be asking for these for Christmas.  :D

Mike Scott

Quote from: aura of foreboding on September 23, 2018, 07:00:34 AM
I like them mostly because they are buckets.  If they were busts, not so much.

Well, nobody wants a bust that looks like a bucket.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 23, 2018, 12:09:44 PM
Well, nobody wants a bust that looks like a bucket.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

What if it's a bust of

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 20, 2018, 02:05:03 AM
Aw, crap!

I want those.  (Disappointed again.)

I was really and I mean REALLY looking forward to these. Can someone refresh my memory on why these got crapped out?

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Wicked Lester on September 23, 2018, 08:47:48 PM
I was really and I mean REALLY looking forward to these. Can someone refresh my memory on why these got crapped out?
Quote from: horrorhunter on September 20, 2018, 02:01:27 AM

Because they looked dangerously like real toys?

That even kids would want to play with?

ADAM