Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Quote from: the_horror_man on June 30, 2018, 02:20:30 AM
I'm waiting for the 3.75 inch scale King Diamond figure that is supposed to be released right around now. I messaged Super 7 a few days ago asking about it, but they never responded.

thm

Totally waiting for KD figure too \m/

Anton Phibes

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Remco Wolfman

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 04, 2018, 02:46:17 AM
I don't even wanna know what that is.  :P

It's the outline of a Saucony (brand) shoe. Super 7 is collaborating with Saucony to make a Universal Monster themed shoe. I don't know what (or which) monster(s) theyll feature. While it may sound dumb I'd wager it turns out pretty cool. If you're going to ask why Super 7 would do something like this you need only read their company mission statement. To briefly summarize it: "No one else made what we want so we make it ourselves". Personally, I respect the heck out of that and certainly won't begrudge anyone willing to create UM swag.

Saucony did a Dunkin Doughnut shoe for the Boston marathon. Look it up.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 04, 2018, 05:24:56 AM
It's the outline of a Saucony (brand) shoe. Super 7 is collaborating with Saucony to make a Universal Monster themed shoe....

... Saucony did a Dunkin Doughnut shoe for the Boston marathon. ... 

And all the time I thought it was going to be something stoopid.
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

darkmonkeygod

As you can tell, I'm a fan. And if Brian and the gang at Super7 have made Creature shoes... I'm gonna need two pair! And remember, this is taking pace at the Super7 store in San Diego, not in the San Diego convention center, meaning no ticket for Comic-Con is necessary to my knowledge. So if you're in SoCal or someone who really loves you is, it'll be a heckuva lot easier to score these than if they were on the con floor!

Here are the details on the Boodega so far:

Universal Monsters Boodega

701 8th Ave.  San Diego, CA 92101

Friday - July 20th: 9:00pm to Midnight
Saturday - July 21st: 11:00am to 9:00pm
Sunday - July 22nd: 11:00am to 5:00pm

The pop-up shop will be haunted by Super7 x Universal Monsters exclusives and spine-tingling special things created especially for this horrifying event.

Universal Monsters ReAction Figures of the Creature From The Black Lagoon, Metaluna Mutant, Mummy, and the Wolf Man in SDCC Boodega Monstore Pop-Up Exclusive colorway and on die cut cardback are $15 per figure.

Universal Monsters screen printed 7" x 21" felt pennants (The Wolfman, Frankenstein, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Mummy). Made in America by Oxford Pennant. SDCC Boodega Monstore Pop-Up Exclusives. $25 each.

Universal Monsters - Soft enamel pins (The Wolfman, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature From The Black Lagoon). SDCC Boodega Monstore Pop-Up Exclusives. $12 each.

The shoes, as yet, remain a mystery!

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

LordMudd

Nah, those can't be Creature shoes, they are not webbed.

CCC.

Mike Scott

I hate exclusives that you have to travel a thousand miles to get! All the resellers will be there, carting them off by the wheelbarrow full! They are already taking orders for the figures, on eBay, for 50 bucks each!

Damn! $25 for a felt pennant!? Those would be overpriced at 10!
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 04, 2018, 10:33:32 PM
I hate exclusives that you have to travel a thousand miles to get! All the resellers will be there, carting them off by the wheelbarrow full! They are already taking orders for the figures, on eBay, for 50 bucks each!

Damn! $25 for a felt pennant!? Those would be overpriced at 10!

It's not even a decent pennant.  There are no stitched vertical strips or attached ties; they just cut the single piece of felt in that shape.

I think the Creature image looks like a WWII military mascot, like the pictures painted on the noses of bombers, etc.  Imagine him with a white Navy cap worn low in front and with a short cigar stub in his mouth.

Cute.  But I usually don't care for cute. 

This stuff looks like it is aimed at the little kid crowd - but priced for the adult collector market.  That seems like a tough sell.  Like a really funny horror movie, it is a difficult balancing act.

Sorry.  I want to love licensed Universal monster product.  I just don't love these.

(The 3¾" figure sculpts look pretty good.)

ADAM

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: LordMudd on July 04, 2018, 09:59:52 PM
Nah, those can't be Creature shoes, they are not webbed.

That we can see...  ;D

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 05, 2018, 01:13:40 AM

Sorry.  I want to love licensed Universal monster product.  I just don't love these.

Eh, not all the things are for everyone, nothing to apologize for if it's not for you. Perhaps some of it will be, perhaps you'll save time and money. If cute isn't for ya, you certainly aren't gonna like their keshi figures.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

aura of foreboding

All of their regular release offerings showcased at the previous Con are for everybody, though.  The figures, the puzzles, the buckets...  Amazing stuff!  Can't wait to get it all!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 05, 2018, 01:13:40 AM
I think the Creature image looks like a WWII military mascot

I think he looks like Eddie Robinson. "M'yah, see!"
CREATURE FAN