New 2018 kits Doctors orders !

Started by Mcdee, January 24, 2018, 05:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcdee

After spending the last few weeks in the hospital, with nothing on my slate for a while.... I figure it's time to catch up on my model building and painting... My Doctor said it was a great way to heal up....who am I to argue.....
The first is the Grim Reaper( I shook his hand 2 weeks ago on an ambulance ride to the hospital, so I figured I'd better tackle him first lol ) along with the New Pennywise kit..... more to come
These aren't finished yet both have a touch ups to go.....

Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

the_horror_man

These are spectacular Mcdee! Also, sorry you are not feeling well. Please keep to building models of the Repaer and not meeting him.

I look forward to seeing more of your model work.

thm

Anton Phibes

Denis....what happened health wise? Sorry to hear you had an episode, Curious as to what occurred. Kits look lovely. esp. IT.

Mike Scott

So, that explains your absence. Get better, soon!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mcdee

Quote from: Anton Phibes on January 24, 2018, 03:59:06 PM
Denis....what happened health wise? Sorry to hear you had an episode, Curious as to what occurred. Kits look lovely. esp. IT.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.... I was diagnosed last year with COPD, emphysema stage 1 and to top it off Asbestos crystalline throughout my lungs (It all stems from my 44 year construction career) I had a few convulsive moments gasping for air in December and that bought me a 3 week stay in the hospital... I'm an outpatient at  the moment and on Oxygen and Hydromorpnone  I'm on short term disability from my Company which will probably turn into long term.... Right now I'm loving life and using up my free time immersing myself in building and painting  Monster models ....

Cheers
Mcdee

the_horror_man

A buddy of mine has COPD. It is no joke and as you know, it can greatly interfere with your life. I am glad you are doing ok now and working on models. Your work is outstadning! Please keep posting them. ;D

thm

Mcdee

Finished the Grim Reaper off today with  a few modifications.... a very fun kit....

Cheers
Mcdee

Palifan

Great job on the kit, it does look to be a fun one!

Ian

Mcdee

Smiley Pennywise Complete.... Sculpted by Mark Van Tine
Pennywise by Mark Van Tine
Flute Lady by Gaberial Marquez/Paul Gill

Good Times !

Next from the Stash The Gorgo Big Head.....by Earthbound Studios.

Anton Phibes

the_horror_man

Dr.Cyclops

Nice work.

You might be careful with the type of paints you use. Stay away from oils and aerosols including air brushing. Use acrylics, much better on the lungs IMO
"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Hepcat

Quote from: Mcdee on January 25, 2018, 04:08:42 PMI was diagnosed last year with COPD, emphysema stage 1 and to top it off Asbestos crystalline throughout my lungs (It all stems from my 44 year construction career) I had a few convulsive moments gasping for air in December and that bought me a 3 week stay in the hospital... I'm an outpatient at  the moment and on Oxygen and Hydromorpnone  I'm on short term disability from my Company which will probably turn into long term.... Right now I'm loving life and using up my free time immersing myself in building and painting  Monster models ....

Hopefully your health continues to improve until it's right up there with your model building skills.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

long live kong

Brilliant. The 'IT' model's are fantastic. I really like the creepy painting lady. Keep up the good work, and good health!
Monster lovers never grow old....