Clinton Frankenstein bucket

Started by hugohernandez, October 04, 2017, 01:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skully

Hi Mike.  Yea,  and I doubt that a MIB example would bring that anyway,  even now, or, at least I don't think so. Believe me,  I constantly kick myself for not at least holding on to at least one MIB example of this piece when I had several lying around when they were found!!  Damn!!

Hepcat

Quote from: skully on January 24, 2021, 01:27:50 AMBut,  you sometimes have the other end of the spectrum, such as this totally absurd idiotic listing for this piece, it's been on a while, and the mentality here,  or lack of it,  totally escapes me. Item # 323853713590.

But that's tuttle3219. I don't think he's ever sold anything. He just lists things at idiotic prices. Like I say, if Ebay would charge a per diem/week/whatever listing fee at some nominal percentage of the B.I.N. price, that kind of silliness would stop.

;)
Collecting! It's what I do!

skully

Hi Hep.  Well, he does have a feedback rating,  so, he must probably sell at least some items.  But, as with the example I cited, and, some other pieces that this seller has,  to me just boarders on sheer lunacy!!

John Pertwee

Quote from: skully on January 24, 2021, 01:27:50 AM
Horrorhunter, yes.  I think monster toy prices will stay relatively strong, especially for the more classic pieces that are hard to find now a days.  But,  you sometimes have the other end of the spectrum, such as this totally absurd idiotic listing for this piece, it's been on a while, and the mentality here,  or lack of it,  totally escapes me. Item # 323853713590.

This was an insane listing for $35,000 for a 1964 Horrorscope Movie Viewer, for anyone reading this a year from now.

Hepcat

This is Tuttle's description:

Quote from: tuttle3219 - Ebaythis lot has the "Original" horror scope in great shape and works! comes with 4 movies Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature from the black lagoon and the curse of the werewolf made by Multiple in 1964. ultra rare!

The Horrorscope is not "rare" let alone ultra rare in that condition by any stretch of the imagination. The definition of "rare" that has been the collecting industry's generally accepted standard for nearly fifty years is from the Overstreet Price Guide:

Quote from: OverstreetRARE - 10-20 copies estimated to exist.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 24, 2021, 05:12:06 PM
This is Tuttle's description:

The Horrorscope is not "rare" let alone ultra rare in that condition by any stretch of the imagination. The definition of "rare" that has been the collecting industry's generally accepted standard for nearly fifty years is from the Overstreet Price Guide:

cl:)
Sellers call everything "rare" these days. The word has lost it's meaning regarding seller-hype.

This listing for the MPC Horrorscope is ridiculous, of course, as are many of this guy's listings, but as much of a MPC Monster fan as I am I wouldn't pay anywhere near what Horrorscopes are actually selling for these days. The only way I'll ever own one is if I find it at a fraction of current market value (which isn't likely). The packaging is the coolest thing about it imo. I like the MPC figures and small playsets like the Haunted Hulk and Horror House Target Set much more. And, if I had a MIP Horrorscope it's one of the very few monster toys I'd cash in on.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

skully

The last time I saw a Horrorscope for sale was about 5 years ago at a Morphy's auction, located along "antique row" which is Rt. 272, not far from me. It was a good auction which drew attention because of the few monster pieces, I walked out with a boxed Marx Frankenstein and a boxed Marx Spooky Tree.  I was bidding on the Horrorscope, but decided to drop out. It was sealed in the box, but, the decal wasn't the bat that you always see on it, it was the decal from the Haunted Hulk instead, never saw one like that so I wasn't sure about it, not sure but I think it brought something like 2000 or so.

Monsters For Sale

Well, I guess the bucket copies didn't depress the price of the originals as much as I thought they might.

Not that great looking and doesn't have its handle.

https://tinyurl.com/s8j3w5u9
ADAM

John Pertwee

I was waiting to pounce but when it went from 500 to 800 in a few seconds I bowed out. Someone got in at the last second and pushed it over a grand.

Palifan

This looks like a nice example for one of these and just shows that the originals will always hold their value.

Ian