Here it is the Red Band Movie Trailer For "Leatherface"

Started by emazers, July 17, 2017, 11:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Great! I'll have Anton's portion, if no one objects.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on July 17, 2017, 12:02:35 PM
Great! I'll have Anton's portion, if no one objects.

I have a gnawing fear it will be like all the rest...EXCEPT the Original. Kind of like Bates Motel was to my precious original.

the_horror_man

I might go see this because it is a Leatherface film. However, my interest in the genre lies solely with the original. They have never made another TCM that even comes close to the original.

thm

Crossbonez74

Another prequel/remake? The studios  keep rebooting the TCM, Friday the 13th, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm St.

Don't get me wrong, I love those franchises but give them a rest.

Try remaking Phantasm, Puppet Master, or Hellraiser. 

Don't keep remaking the same couple of horror characters every couple years after a failed or lackluster reboot. 

The rule of thumb is (or should be) if your going to reboot  that you need to bring something to the table. Bring some new ideas or a freshness to the franchise,  not the same old thing rebooted over again for a quick cash grab around Halloween.

marsattacks666

I'll bite. ;D Another Leatherface film, and why not. If Marvel can re-invent their characters and Super Heroes, so can Horror genre studios who own the rights. I mean, how many f*****g Spiderman films can one make. Sighed-Rhetorical. >:D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Big Bad Wolf

I trust the directors, having really dug Inside and Among The Living. I still wish Livid would get a release over here in the US. But I digress. While I trust the directors, I worry about Lionsgate. I've heard rumors that their vision was meddled with a lot behind the scenes. We'll see how it goes.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

zombiehorror

The buzz of the chainsaw gets me every time!  I'll definitely check it out; while none of the sequels/reboot have topped the original, the only one I've really been disappointed in is Next Generation.  What a horrible pile of dreck.

This isn't a "reboot" per se but a prequel to the original btw; and whether that was needed or not, is a moot point.

Big Bad Wolf

For me the most disappointing thing is the release. I wish this was getting a wide theatrical release, but it's not. Instead it's being dumped to DirecTV and then it's getting a limited theatrical/VOD release some time shortly after.

The last thing I want to see is another classic horror series go as far downhill as the Hellraiser films. The Chucky films made a successful transition to DTV but the franchise is also still in the hands of its creator. The Chainsaw films don't have that luxury, and unfortunately the Chainsaw series happens to be the most wildly inconsistent, contradictory series' out of all the classic slasher franchises.

I have high hopes, but my expectations are on more shaky ground.*

*disclaimer: I like to keep my hopes and my expectations separate. I'll get my hopes up on one hand and try to temper my expectations on the other. Just makes more sense to me.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

zombiehorror

TCM 3D had potential; I just wish someone involved could add and they had gotten the time period correct.  They could have hired an older cast or set the film in the early 90's, either one of those things would have fixed a huge/obvious error in the film.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Crossbonez74 on July 18, 2017, 05:40:26 AM
Another prequel/remake? The studios  keep rebooting the TCM, Friday the 13th, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm St.

Don't get me wrong, I love those franchises but give them a rest.

Try remaking Phantasm, Puppet Master, or Hellraiser. 

Don't keep remaking the same couple of horror characters every couple years after a failed or lackluster reboot. 

The rule of thumb is (or should be) if your going to reboot  that you need to bring something to the table. Bring some new ideas or a freshness to the franchise,  not the same old thing rebooted over again for a quick cash grab around Halloween.

I kind of agree in this case. This is a prequel of the prequel? I think we are reaching now. Also, I don't want to judge by the preview, but it still does not seem to have the feel of the original.

As far as other sequels and prequels. I was very disappointed to hear hey cancelled the Friday the 13th part 2 sequel. I liked the reboot and thought Derek Mears played a great Jason. I heard that they cancelled it because The Ring 2 did not do well. I can't understand the thinking here. So one horror franchise that has nothing to do with another, all gets lumped in together. I mean just think about. The Ring 2 didn't do well, so let's cancel Friday the 13th part 2. Makes no sense.

I am very hopeful for the new Halloween. It sounds like an interesting story from what I have read.  I think they ran into some problems with it, but last I read, it was moving forward.

thm

zombiehorror

Quote from: the_horror_man on July 19, 2017, 04:11:49 PM
This is a prequel of the prequel? I think we are reaching now.

No this is a prequel to the original; there has never been another prequel to the original.

As far as the Friday reboot, it was fun but they could have just called it Friday the 13th part 11, there was nothing new (well the tunnels but that just felt like horror movie cliche); also Jason getting his hockey mask seemed like an afterthought, almost like the seen was thought up/added in post production.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: the_horror_man on July 19, 2017, 04:11:49 PM
I kind of agree in this case. This is a prequel of the prequel? I think we are reaching now. Also, I don't want to judge by the preview, but it still does not seem to have the feel of the original.

As far as other sequels and prequels. I was very disappointed to hear hey cancelled the Friday the 13th part 2 sequel. I liked the reboot and thought Derek Mears played a great Jason. I heard that they cancelled it because The Ring 2 did not do well. I can't understand the thinking here. So one horror franchise that has nothing to do with another, all gets lumped in together. I mean just think about. The Ring 2 didn't do well, so let's cancel Friday the 13th part 2. Makes no sense.

I am very hopeful for the new Halloween. It sounds like an interesting story from what I have read.  I think they ran into some problems with it, but last I read, it was moving forward.

thm

The re-make of Friday and Nightmare didn't exactly set hardcore fans on fire if you believe their respective internet reviews,lol.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/friday_the_13th_prequel

I believe there is a rights dispute of some sort between corporate entities and the Sean Cunningham or Victor Miller or somebody,lol.

the_horror_man

Quote from: zombiehorror on July 19, 2017, 04:25:19 PM
No this is a prequel to the original; there has never been another prequel to the original.

As far as the Friday reboot, it was fun but they could have just called it Friday the 13th part 11, there was nothing new (well the tunnels but that just felt like horror movie cliche); also Jason getting his hockey mask seemed like an afterthought, almost like the seen was thought up/added in post production.

Yes but the film Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is a TCM prequel. Since this is the TCM movie franchise and we already have a prequel, this is sort of a prequel to the prequel. ;D

The first 20 minutes of Texas Chainsaw 3D were great. Gunnar Hansen and Bill Mosely were in it and they did a great job of re creating the feel of the original. Even though all those extra people in the opening scenes weren't in the house during the original, it still was well done, imo.

thm