New Movie Trailer For "The Justice League" Theaters Nov

Started by emazers, July 23, 2017, 07:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_gunslinger

I would appreciate this trailer, and the upcoming movie more if Man of Steel and Batman Vs. Superman, the two movies designed to lay the groundwork for this film, weren't so terrible.

At one point in this trailer, there is a voice over extolling Superman's virtues as a beacon of optimism and a character that got us to see the best in ourselves. Though that has traditionally been Superman's MO, it rang hollow given that the single biggest criticism against the DCEU's depiction of Superman is that he is NOT optimistic or hopeful. He's angsty, distracted, lacks confidence and acts seemingly without purpose. From a philosophical standpoint, Superman is DC's Captain America, the big good who always does the right thing because he's a good person. That's not what we've seen so far and it is borderline insulting for the trailer to act like the Superman we've seen through two movies is anything other than a depressing mope who has no power to inspire anyone.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Mike Scott

Do you think it was Superman that Alfred was talking to at the end of the trailer?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

the_last_gunslinger

I'm reasonably sure that it is going to be Superman. The only thing that gives me pause is that it seems too obvious. I don't believe anyone really thinks that DC is going to make a Justice League movie without Superman, so if that is Superman at the end, it seems a tad bit telegraphed.

Maybe they'll surprise us, but my money is on Superman.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 23, 2017, 01:04:39 PM
Do you think it was Superman that Alfred was talking to at the end of the trailer?

The shoulder is covered in something red.  Maybe his cape?

zombiehorror

More than likely Superman.  It's no secret that Henry Cavill is reprising Clark/Superman in Jusice League so that isn't really a big reveal in the trailer.  Although rumor is he'll be donning the black outfit; maybe it'll be designed by Bruce and Alfred is there (wherever that is) to give it to him?

geezer butler

I'm looking forward to this. I'm a big DC superhero guy. I enjoy the Marvel films, but i only collect dc comic books (marvel horror my big exception). I also liked the B v S movie. I realize it could have been better but i still think it was entertaining.

Some thoughts on the trailer:
*looks like cinematic aquaman will be very, if not entirely different than book character.

* notice how they're beefing up Wonder Woman parts of the film. My understanding is they reshot alotta scenes once WW killed it at the box office and w/critics.

*interesting "Lanterns" were mentioned. Wonder if Hal Jordan will make an appearance?