Let's see your Movie Posters

Started by Creepy, May 13, 2017, 01:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creepy

Finally got this on the wall. This is a rare, U.S. 30x40 one sheet poster for Asylum

30x40 posters were used until about 1980. They were printed on card stock and shipped rolled to theaters. There were not as many of these as compared to a typical one sheet poster making them hard to find.
Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

Creepy

I found these weird window cards the other day and had to grab them. They were produced by Capital Film & Radio in Richmond. This was a small film distribution company back in the 60's & 70's that supplied films for theaters in rural areas of W.V. and the Carolinas. They also printed these "Coming Attraction" window cards to be displayed in metal frames at the theaters. These are roughly 5"x14" and really cool.

Monsters For Sale

Poster - Window Card - (10⅞" x 4" - Coming Attractions)

Got this smaller Monolith Monsters coming attractions card for $12.00 some time back.
ADAM

BRICK

Quote from: Creepy on April 07, 2018, 03:46:57 PM
I found these weird window cards the other day and had to grab them. They were produced by Capital Film & Radio in Richmond. This was a small film distribution company back in the 60's & 70's that supplied films for theaters in rural areas of W.V. and the Carolinas. They also printed these "Coming Attraction" window cards to be displayed in metal frames at the theaters. These are roughly 5"x14" and really cool.

Gotta love that HOD stars Lon Chaney as Dracula (?!?!); at least they didn't advertise it as starring Bela Lugosi  ;D
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Creepy

Quote from: BRICK on April 07, 2018, 05:37:25 PM
Gotta love that HOD stars Lon Chaney as Dracula (?!?!); at least they didn't advertise it as starring Bela Lugosi  ;D

I didn't even notice that.  ;D

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on April 07, 2018, 05:37:25 PM
at least they didn't advertise it as starring Bela Lugosi  ;D

They almost do, with that drawing of Lugosi (with Dracula's trademark bottle of poison and bloody knife).
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Creepy

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 07, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
They almost do, with that drawing of Lugosi (with Dracula's trademark bottle of poison and bloody knife).

You know that Vampires have to have their options for dispatching a victim.

Creepy

Here are some of my latest gets.

BRICK

Man...That poster doesn't look like the Dracula vs. Frankenstein I saw!
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Creepy

Quote from: BRICK on May 15, 2018, 11:16:58 AM
Man...That poster doesn't look like the Dracula vs. Frankenstein I saw!

What? You mean there were no "Love Tramps" being seduced by creatures from the grave?

The thought is that this is a 2nd release poster issued maybe late 1971 early 1972 after the initial run of the film flopped. This poster tries to gin up interest by "sexing it up".

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Creepy

I just added this to my collection. I love this style of poster art.

Creepy

This is one of my favorites in my collection. I love the DayGlo look.

BRICK

Next week is the printshow, and I am busily cleaning up posters to get printed out; I thought I would give a bit of a sneak peek of some of the items I am working on. Basically, I try to find the cleanest, highest resolution copy of the poster I am interested in. I not only attempt to clean up any creases or imperfections in the artwork, I usually kick up the color saturation and contrast, as well. Because many of these poster's color schemes are a bit limited, I will sometimes expand them a bit; or modify the color scheme, altogether. I realize that this may seem like heresy to some purists, but I am making these specifically for myself and not others. Most people aren't really aware of how much of an overhaul these posters actually get, so I decided to include a side-by-side comparison of my work.