Whats wrong with these pictures.....??!!!

Started by Nightmares in plastic, January 12, 2009, 11:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scary Terry

Seems to me there ought to still be a lot of unused extra heads out there from the glow issues of these kits many moons ago.  Otherwise I say it's customizing time.  There are some good replacement heads already out there.  Maybe I'll try my hand at sculpting one, too....

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

aurora1craig

Hi My 2 cents. If Revell is going to produce these again, If ya don't like don't buy, :o BUT I wouldn't DISCOURAGE others. ANY  :)Model Company STILL Producing kits is a National Treasure!!!
AURORA1CRAIG

Nightmares in plastic

"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

Anton Phibes

Anton Phibes

Quote from: aurora1craig on January 24, 2009, 11:15:44 PM
Hi My 2 cents. If Revell is going to produce these again, If ya don't like don't buy, :o BUT I wouldn't DISCOURAGE others. ANY  :)Model Company STILL Producing kits is a National Treasure!!!

I don't think anyone would have had to try.  the horrible head they were going to use would pretty much discourage anyone all by its lonesome.  Luckily its now a non-issue.  Hurray for Bela! ;D

Mike Scott

Why does it say "Lon Chaney, Jr. TM likeness" on the Wolf Man model? Looks nothing like him whatsoever!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 27, 2009, 02:38:47 AM
Why does it say "Lon Chaney, Jr. TM likeness" on the Wolf Man model? Looks nothing like him whatsoever!

LOL!  ;D ;D  You mean you don't remember the movie where Lon ran around in ripped up jeans and no shirt on?  And you call yourself a monster fan.  Everybody's seen that one. ::) ;)

Universal Soldier

I never saw the poopy replacement head. Could someone put up a picture?
Amazing, but true! It can and did happen!

depressedlarrytalbot

QuoteWhy does it say "Lon Chaney, Jr. TM likeness" on the Wolf Man model? Looks nothing like him whatsoever!

And if it comes to that - why no Karloff or Lugosi estate claim on the other two?

Scatter

Quote from: aurora1craig on January 24, 2009, 11:15:44 PM

If you wouldn't discourage others from buying, that's fine. Encourage them if you wish. That would be having your 2 cents and allowing others who disagree to have their own 2 cents as well.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Getter_1

Nightmares in plastic

Quote from: Getter_1 on January 30, 2009, 12:39:59 AM
Where is Dracula's ring?!!?

Even in the Luminator reissues the ring was just a lump of plastic due to the age of the molds - guess thats why it not used in the build up...

Read on another board that Revell states in their press kit:

Quote"Dracula has had a small face lift to meet updated licensing requirements".

So it looks like its a licensing issue that cause all the fuzz, but why - the head never looked like Lugosi to begin with.
It was the Boxart that drove Bela Jr. into that lawsuit, not the model....

Rainer E.
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

tv horror

Aw shucks! Them there Revel people done gone and ruined my staking Granny Clampet, why do yee all  be thinking why I's do my whittling n that thar pouch? It's to stake that thar vermin from Hell.   

A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

Scheisseler

Quote from: Nightmares in plastic on January 30, 2009, 01:56:22 AM
So it looks like its a licensing issue that cause all the fuzz, but why - the head never looked like Lugosi to begin with.

Just a guess, but it might be the fangs. The original Aurora kit -- like Lugosi himself in the original film -- didn't have them.