Whats wrong with these pictures.....??!!!

Started by Nightmares in plastic, January 12, 2009, 11:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmares in plastic

NEW REVELL FRANKENSTEIN RE-RELEASE

NEW REVELL DRACULA RE-RELEASE

Different head, diffrent hand - If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Rainer E.

Edit 1/27/2009: Looks like this Dracula head "replacement is history again:
Here is the link on the Revell website
http://www.revell.com/catalog/catalog/universal-monsters.html
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

Gasport

Frankenstein's right hand is turned and Dracula has a new head...I can understand Drac getting the oh, so common generic touch, but the Franky hand twist is just plain strange.

Anton Phibes

That Dracula likeness is dead on, ain't it?  ::) ;D Glad they improved it. ::) ::)

ChrisW

Oh...my....
Alright, they're too cheap to pay the Lugosi estate for using the likeness...
But...AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!! There are so many good sculptors that would LOVE to do the head for a reissue like this - why go with a comic book face?!?!?!?!
They did the same thing when they re-released Superman and Robin a few years ago...and lost the character completely...
Now, did they have to alter the original tooling to create this joke? and does that mean that the original Lemon-sculpted head is lost to the ages? Oh, please say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gasport

Is THAT what they did to the Batman-Robin, Superman kits? Actually destroy the original mold in order to make a new head??

CultTVman

Ohhh... that Dracula is so wrong on so many levels.   Another sad day in monsterdom.

Steve

The Spangler

Oh, thats Dracula?  I thought it was Shia LaBeouf, in some new vampire movie!

Gasport

Seriously, I'm AMAZED that the company [ in this economy] went to all the time and expense to put out something so horribly wrong. WHAT were they thinking??

mike c

Good lordy... the Dracula head is so out of proportion to the body it's absurd. Even if it happened to be a dead-on Lugosi likeness (and it sure the heck ain't!) it is still way too big.

Disappointing.

Wonder what the other two kits will be like... or are they pretty straightforward copies?

Mike C.

Monster Bob

So look at the bright side...an instant business/selling opportunity for the resin guys to sell 'original Aurora' Lugosi-head recasts on ebay.  ;D

Oh...and what's with Frankenstein hand?... looks like he should come with a keyboard...

Phantasm

Ha!  I was thinking that The Frankenstein Monster's hand was repositioned to put a yo yo in it like in the hot rod kit!
Chuck Jeffers

"You told me that nothings free except my own insanity."
                                                  Alice Cooper

Monsters For Sale

Seems like if they would reposition one hand, they would do BOTH.  At least that way he would lok like he was doing the "Lugosi grope".
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Buy these instead ;D

It's astounding to me that Universal apparently to this day doesn't realize it was the actors who made these roles. ::) ???

Getter_1

Balls.  Total balls.

Is Dracula missing his ring, as well?

I think I'll pass on these.  I was going to get them for my son to build but the Dracula is awful.  Maybe I'll buy a Frank but no friggin way for the Dracula

fmofmpls

What a bone-headed decision to screw with something that didn't need screwin' with. I won't buy them. I'm insulted by their executive ignorance. Boycott these.   
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.