THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teemu

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 20, 2020, 04:52:02 PM
Any clues to offer up for November?

Oh man, November's figures will be hot, continuing the spooky and Kooky series.

Anton Phibes

Yes, the pair of them go together like a hearse and carriage, mon ami. Oops...that's French.  Don't look now, but I've started those two up to something....altogether ooky. :angel:

Anton Phibes

December 7th will be here before you know it. Imma drop some hints in amateur rhyme.

One deals with the eyes, the other the tongue.  The first, blocking traffic, will bid you to run. Her four legged friend helps add to the plot. Yet he turns on his master, believe it.... or not.

The second has no children she may well call her own, so she does a little cobbling of flesh...and bone. She has a little friend (or many) to advance her schemes. What you hear may perplex you...all's not as it seems.

The first cannot see you, but what sights she has seen. The second will collect you, if you perchance to scream.

Mind your tongues and eyes, collectors. It's ladies month at DD. :angel: :angel:

Joseph_Baeza

Do these clues refer to characters in the more modern era of horror (post-1980's)?  If so, that would explain why I have absolutely zero guesses to these clues.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on November 29, 2020, 07:55:48 PM
Do these clues refer to characters in the more modern era of horror (post-1980's)?  If so, that would explain why I have absolutely zero guesses to these clues.

one is actually 1980....the other is 2007. Both are fan favorites in.... specific circles. I like both.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 29, 2020, 11:02:21 PM
one is actually 1980....the other is 2007. Both are fan favorites in.... specific circles. I like both.

1980....well that narrows it down lol! These are tough clues for me as well and hopefully there's someone out there who will have a stab at it  :D

Ian

Anton Phibes

Here's the gaze of the 1980 Femme Fatale, She's foreign, her friend is American made. Her's isn't the only stare you should beware of.  Shhhhh....don't scream now. That would make you a real dummy.

Joseph_Baeza

THE BEYOND and DEAD SILENCE?  2 movies that reside in my collection that I haven't watched yet.

Anton Phibes

Best get busy watching them so you know what's all the hubbub, bub.  :angel: :laugh:

horrorhunter

A monster movie fan who hasn't seen The Beyond?!

Fulci is spinning in his grave.  cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Palifan

Recently watched The Beyond which was a good watch and also has a great soundtrack :)

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 30, 2020, 03:17:10 PM
A monster movie fan who hasn't seen The Beyond?!

Fulci is spinning in his grave.  cl:)
Looks like a Fulci marathon is in order before DD's official announcement.  I recently picked up HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY and NEW YORK RIPPER on 4K, along with the documentary FULCI FOR FAKE.  I'll throw in THE BEYOND into the mix, to familiarize myself with this character and film.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on November 30, 2020, 10:56:49 PM
Looks like a Fulci marathon is in order before DD's official announcement.  I recently picked up HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY and NEW YORK RIPPER on 4K, along with the documentary FULCI FOR FAKE.  I'll throw in THE BEYOND into the mix, to familiarize myself with this character and film.
The Beyond and House By The Cemetery are great if you just let yourself be swept away by the eye and ear candy and surrender to nightmare. The narrative is of less importance in a Fulci flick. New York Ripper is a bit harder edged and more grounded in it's nastiness. Sample them all and see what you think. Of all of Fulci's films I like Zombie 2 (Zombie, Zombie Flesh Eaters) the best, with The Beyond a close second.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Anton Phibes

Dead Silence was a bigger hit than anticipated, with all 100 sets selling out in record time. Beyond vanished as well. 2 big winners for DD....with more to come. The sneak previews Martin has shown me are quite thrilling. Stay tuned for 2021, monster fans.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on December 08, 2020, 06:28:35 PM
Dead Silence was a bigger hit than anticipated, with all 100 sets selling out in record time. Beyond vanished as well. 2 big winners for DD....with more to come. The sneak previews Martin has shown me are quite thrilling. Stay tuned for 2021, monster fans.

Another 2 great releases and I really must watch Dead Silence as it sounds like there was a lot of love for this 2 pack in particular so there must be something special about the film.

The Beyond release looked great as well and even though I ended up passing on this months releases (at least I helped others to get their hands on them :)), I'm looking forward to maybe getting something else from Martin when he has some time  ;)

Ian