THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Hmmnnn....hadn't thought of that. I think it seems to vary from artist to artist. Here's a classic Yagher~meister ~monster. Seems about the same length as Lee. But Dimensional Designs has his cape hiked because he has his arms raised. They also used the two heads trick. One with top hat as a sculpted part of the head. It worked for them.

Here is a shot of him with his cape outstretched, and it still appears to hang below his kness. So, perhaps a smidge shorter than your Lee since his in full length? This talk of Carradine Dracula 1/6 is exciting! A 1/6 Kharis would be equally as exciting....since for whatever reason Sideshow dropped the ball on all things Kharis back in their day.

Anton Phibes

Carradine was 6'1. Christopher Lee was 6'5.  Maybe thats why lee's cape is so huge,lol.

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Do you want me to make you a 1/6 Chaney Kharis, because I can make you one Anton.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Anton Phibes

Truth be told, I could probably make my own, Sir Spooky. But I want to lend my support to DD because I like Martin's stuff... and his offering would no doubt include a nice matching box to go along with Ygor, Dr. Pretorious and Henry Frankenstein. I do appreciate the offer though.  I don't know if I have seen any of your customs. Have you shown any off elsewhere in the forums?  I think Kharis and Carradine Dracula are two sorely missing from the Sideshow line up. Then there's always Dracula's Daughter and Son. Van Helsing (1931), Maleva, Sir John Tablot, etc,etc,etc. ;) ;) ;D

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Spock on August 13, 2017, 09:09:05 PM
So if one was to do a Carradine Dracula, would you like one head with top hat or one head, no hat. Or two heads, one of each?
Absolutely two heads!  We've all waited for years since the Sideshow 1/6th line for Carradine Dracula that he deserves the deluxe treatment.  I agree with Sir Spooks, one "normal" head without hat, and one "hypnotic stare" head with hat sculpted on.  I have no doubt the figure with be EPIC, and will have the DD & Sideshow collectors all talking!

Mord

I havent bought a DD figure since last year's Dracula AD 2pak. A Carradine Drac will definitely bring me back.

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Mord on August 15, 2017, 07:37:28 PM
I havent bought a DD figure since last year's Dracula AD 2pak. A Carradine Drac will definitely bring me back.
That's what I'm waiting for too

Anton Phibes

Anyone else think it's awesome that Martin took time to chime in over here like in the old days when DD was first getting started? I do.  It's a nice little touch that makes DD groovy. A little birdy tells me that the first monday in September (the 4th I believe) is the date for more reveals/pre-orders. Sir Spooky will no doubt confirm when he starts sprinkling the monthly hints about.

Super excited for the new Van Helsing Peter Cushing. Equally as excited by all this Carradine Dracula talk. Looking forward to Sept. 4th.

the_horror_man

Cool and Sept 4th is a Holiday. Also, yes, it is cool that Martin asked our opinion in this thread. ;D

thm

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Alright boils and Ghouls, time for you monthly clues.

the weird part is all the answers have been already said in this thread.
they are megos this time.

1.) Anton that second outfit you had made is gonna be used soon.

2.) We are back in the cabin in the Woods.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Joseph_Baeza

The Boy Who Cried Werewolf and perhaps a possessed Cheryl?  Sounds great to me!

Anton Phibes

Boy Who Cried Werewolf! A favorite late night B werewolf can finally be added to my line up soon. Yes!

Spock

Just want to thank everyone for their input into the Carradine Dracula. Clear on which way to go now. Also plan on spending a bit more time here. Got a few personal projects brewing that I would like to share once I get a few things cleared up.

Mord

Quote from: Spock on August 21, 2017, 11:30:52 AM
Just want to thank everyone for their input into the Carradine Dracula. Clear on which way to go now. Also plan on spending a bit more time here. Got a few personal projects brewing that I would like to share once I get a few things cleared up.
That's certainly great news! Your presence has been sorely missed around here. Welcome back, friend.

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Spock on August 21, 2017, 11:30:52 AM
Your words are music to me ears.
Nice to see ya posting here, dearly missed Martin.