THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

It's true. There have been 95 people who are actual members visit the site today, and almost no posts. Granted, activity spikes a bit when there's a new announcement from DD, NECA or Mezco, or one of the monster figure makers. or a model kits is announced by Moebius, etc. Sometimes when its convention time (Monsterpalooza, Toy Fair) we get some spikes. Sadly....its gone dreadfully quiet.

As for Omega man....I cannot believe he has any left. I don't even care for the film and I can still appreciate how beautiful the figures came out.  Fans of the film are gonna be sorry if they miss out.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 06, 2017, 01:33:30 PM

As for Omega man....I cannot believe he has any left. I don't even care for the film and I can still appreciate how beautiful the figures came out.  Fans of the film are gonna be sorry if they miss out.

Looks like that did it Anton! All gone and also from MIM but I was also surprised to see how long it took (not that 4 days is really that long). These figures look great but in a similar way I'm not a huge fan of the film but still almost went for them as they looked so good.

Getting ready now for next month  :D

Ian

Mord

Believe it or not, some of those hugely popular first few Hammer Megos took a few months to sell (including "Dracula, Prince of Darkenss").

Anton Phibes

Omega Man can still be had.......for now. Something's wrong with the monthly email newsletter link, but its available on DD's site...for now.  :angel:

http://www.distinctivedummies.net/omegaman.html

EDIT: OOPS....NOW ITS GONE. YA SNOOZE YA LOSE.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: crue-leader on April 06, 2017, 12:15:57 PM
I am surprised there isn't more excitement and discussion about the omega man 2-pack. I would have thought this would have not only sold out in minutes but that there would have been a huge appreciation of finally having figures from this cult classic. I for one am very great full of this offering. I think the sculpts are just fantastic.
I couldn't agree more, CL. Just an overall brilliant 2-pack that frankly was not on my radar. I'm really happy DD decided to produce it, because it is tremendous.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on April 06, 2017, 02:55:44 PM
Believe it or not, some of those hugely popular first few Hammer Megos took a few months to sell (including "Dracula, Prince of Darkenss").

Yes, it was a whole different situation back then. I think I like some of those old aspects better than I do now. It used to be that once in a while, there might be a DD figure up on ebay. Now, ebay is overloaded continuously with them. Around 90% of them just linger due to ridiculous prices or the market being flooded with them. I guess we have those couple/few sellers to thank who had the cash to throw down $500 - $1000 plus on the mego Draculas. Even since then, the entire DD market skewed off into an unrecognizable and for many, unreachable collectible realm.

thm

1/6thtoyz

Martin did a fabulous job again with his figures and art work.
Hoping for 12" subs

Palifan

So I thought I was pretty much done with collecting from the DD back catalog but I've just received my Jack Torrance and The Monster From Hell figures and with the Dr. Van Helsing  and The Thing figures I picked up recently that really is more or less it for me to date. All four of these figures were released before I started collecting DD about a year ago and I've always liked them but waited until they appeared at the right price.
I've only paid way over the odds for one of my figures early on and realised that most of these figures turn up at a more reasonable price with a little patience. The only one figure I'd still love to add to my collection is the Curse of Frankenstein but after missing out on the loose one that was up for sale a while back I never see these for sale except for the one on ebay at $999 (don't think that one will go any time soon!).

I've gained quite a bit of love for these figures as I picked them up and find it hard at times not to get everything that gets released each month but I'm trying to stick with only getting ones from films I've seen and enjoy (for the most part). That Omega Man double pack was a hard one to walk away from this month but I stayed strong and used the funds to get the Jack and monster.

Just wanted to share that with you all as it's been such a fun journey and it was the release of the Fright Night set that first got me into them as well as made me discover this fantastic forum that I've learned so much from. Can't wait to see what catches my eye from DD for this year!

Ian

the_horror_man

Quote from: Palifan on April 13, 2017, 12:46:11 PM
So I thought I was pretty much done with collecting from the DD back catalog but I've just received my Jack Torrance and The Monster From Hell figures and with the Dr. Van Helsing  and The Thing figures I picked up recently that really is more or less it for me to date. All four of these figures were released before I started collecting DD about a year ago and I've always liked them but waited until they appeared at the right price.
I've only paid way over the odds for one of my figures early on and realised that most of these figures turn up at a more reasonable price with a little patience. The only one figure I'd still love to add to my collection is the Curse of Frankenstein but after missing out on the loose one that was up for sale a while back I never see these for sale except for the one on ebay at $999 (don't think that one will go any time soon!).

I've gained quite a bit of love for these figures as I picked them up and find it hard at times not to get everything that gets released each month but I'm trying to stick with only getting ones from films I've seen and enjoy (for the most part). That Omega Man double pack was a hard one to walk away from this month but I stayed strong and used the funds to get the Jack and monster.

Just wanted to share that with you all as it's been such a fun journey and it was the release of the Fright Night set that first got me into them as well as made me discover this fantastic forum that I've learned so much from. Can't wait to see what catches my eye from DD for this year!

Ian

Check your pm's ;D

thm

the_horror_man

Palifan

Quote from: the_horror_man on April 24, 2017, 09:38:27 PM
Updates, please sir? ;D

thm

I've been wondering the same and wasn't sure if it was to soon.....really hoping it's not!

Ian

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Ok, boils and ghouls the two pack and headcheese, are arriving to Martin's forwarder this Friday.
For our first release we are once again revisiting the land of Transylvania, seeing the sights and such I hear the castle has been abounded for a while now, shh you here that? Howling we better find shelter, as we find shelter I remember an incident in Vermont, some mugger lost his fingers, he claimed the guy bit them off.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Anton Phibes

Well, Transylvania equates to vampires. The Vermont mugger's missing fingers clue tells me who's doing all that howling about town,lol.  Two that are definitely going in my line up. Great news and great hints! ;)

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Almost forgot Monday May 1st, keep yours eyes open and check your emails :laugh:
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!