THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

I don't get the newsletter, Anton. Thanks for the link. The Brain that Wouldn't Die is fantastic! The accessory is probably the coolest DD has done. I think the Quatermass is exceptional,  but i don't like the film at all.  Great job all the way around.

Anton Phibes

yes the accessory is especially morbid, and considering it's technically another "figure" in the film, its a good deal,lol! 2 for the price of one more or less! If anyone hasn't seen the film, its dripping with subdued ooziness,lol. I recommend a viewing. Phibes out. Check back in later this evening.

Sir Spooky, I cannot wait to hear your hints for next month! Should be fun! I didn't know what next month's reveals were going to be yet, so guessing will be a blast!

the_horror_man

I saw the Brain that Wouldn't Die when I was a kid and remembering it being good. I ordered the figure. The whole piece is just magnificent.

thm

Joseph_Baeza

Martin and DD have delivered again, in a big way!  The Closet Monster is marvelously sculpted by Ron Gearing, and Martin did an awesome job on the paint.  And the loose head accessory is beyond cool!  Mutated Victor Carroon has been on my top 10 DD wish list from the beginning, so to actually get him in a two pack with the good Professor Quatermass, with both sculpted by Steve Thompson is just tremendous. 

the_horror_man

I am surprise Closet Monster has not sold out. The film is quite the classic.

thm

Anton Phibes

Especially with the MST3K crowd. It won't last long. They never do.  Just got released on blu too....so it will vanish shortly I'm sure, and be another winner for DD. Yay! Will be quite pleased adding it to my collection of all this madness of monsterdom we all love. >:D

the_horror_man

I take it that Closet Monster sold out? It is no longer on the site. ;D

thm

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Quote from: the_horror_man on March 07, 2017, 04:15:40 AM
I take it that Closet Monster sold out? It is no longer on the site. ;D

thm
Yes Indeed, though if you are looking for one you can try Monster In Motion.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

Anton Phibes

Prem (Mummy's Shroud) and Pit and the Pendulum Medina arrived today! Both are lovely! Is it too early to say I am already hotly anticipating Brain that Wouldn't Dies arrival,lol? Looking forward to next month's hints, Sir Spooky!

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 10, 2017, 02:36:48 AM
Prem (Mummy's Shroud) and Pit and the Pendulum Medina arrived today! Both are lovely! Is it too early to say I am already hotly anticipating Brain that Wouldn't Dies arrival,lol? Looking forward to next month's hints, Sir Spooky!
Good to hear that Anton, lets see what today holds.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 10, 2017, 02:36:48 AM

Yes, I am hoping that that Jan can be displayed so you can see her in the package. Looks like it it is a tight fit.

Also, I would really like to start seeing some 1/6 figures from DD

thm

Anton Phibes

I pine for the days of a return to 1/6 scale also. I have an virtual army of the little guys now. Need more 1/6 scales. Displaying Jan's head should be easy....just put it in a baggie. >:D

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 10, 2017, 06:48:21 PM
I pine for the days of a return to 1/6 scale also. I have an virtual army of the little guys now. Need more 1/6 scales. Displaying Jan's head should be easy....just put it in a baggie. >:D

Yes, I really like the megos and I also appreciate the card art. They really are nice pieces. However, there is something about a well done 1/6 figure. The balance has tipped greatly towards megos. I am glad that this was not how it was from the beginning. Look at all the magnificent 1/6 figures we would have lost out on. You know what would have made a cool 1/6 figure? The Yeti that DD made in mego form. I really like that mego figure and would imagine the 1/6 figure would be amazing.

thm

Joseph_Baeza

Martin has already hinted that we will be getting a 1/6 Carradine Dracula this year, to display with all our other Sideshow Universals.  I can't wait!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on March 10, 2017, 09:26:03 PM
Martin has already hinted that we will be getting a 1/6 Carradine Dracula this year, to display with all our other Sideshow Universals.  I can't wait!

If that happens, mine will be purchased before the paint dries.