Forry animatron (homebuilt) help...

Started by mike c, January 07, 2009, 03:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avenger

Mike,
   What a tribute to Forry ! You say you've only been working on this a couple of days ?
Wow ! I have to see this when you get it completed.And I agree with Robert,wherever he is
Forry is getting such a great kick out of this and giving that Forry chuckle !
Great Job !!!

raycastile

Forrest J Ackerman confirmed me as a friend on Facebook today.  It must have been this skull acting in his place.  In fact, I think this skull is ready to take on Ray Ferry.  It won't bother with lawsuits.  It will just start gnawing on him.
Raymond Castile

Nicole

Wow, Mike, he looks incredibly lifelike! You should scare and delight a lot of kids, come Halloween time. Keep up the excellent work and please keep us posted on your progress. :)
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

Josh

I actually found that rather touching, its really cool and really really Forry-ish.  I think it start with him itroduscing himself as being in "Horror-wood Karloff-fornia". I know that his bit on the Equinox DVD starts out that way and has good audio quality. 

Josh

Quote from: raycastile on January 08, 2009, 09:11:00 AM
Forrest J Ackerman confirmed me as a friend on Facebook today.  It must have been this skull acting in his place.  In fact, I think this skull is ready to take on Ray Ferry.  It won't bother with lawsuits.  It will just start gnawing on him.

Make about 20 of them, give them metal vampire teeth and unleash them in Ferry's house. 

(they might need little legs...is that something you can do?)

CreepysFan

An excellent and awe-inspiring tribute Mike, wish I could trick-or-treat at your house this year.  Your neighborhood's kids are in for a grander treat than any candy.  Uncle Forry definitely has the biggest grin on his face where ever he is now, a fitting tribute to his great legacy.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

mike c

Thanks guys!
I've spent the evening making a slightly larger skull base for the final figure, to allow more room for a few more servo/linkage features... and I've been compiling more audio (Josh, I WILL be using the Horror-wood Karloffornia bit in there!) and more ideas keep coming. I'll definitely keep the group posted.

Mike C.

BARON TIMOTHEUS BGG

Dear brother, MIKE C.,
... "I've spent the evening making a slightly larger skull base for the final figure," That, should top, even, the excellence, of this first foray, into FORRY, of yours! Brilliant Work!
... One question: Since you've created a larger skull base... Can you return, mine, to me? Since loaning it, to you, for your initial effort, the wind whistles, through my ears, more, than, usual, my brain feels 'mushier', and, I can't find the part, in my hair, as easily, when combing my hair! I borrowed, for awhile, GENERAL TERRY'S skull, as a temporary replacement... howe'er, 'twas too rtight a fit! ;)
EXANIMO EVERNOW,
BARON TIMOTHEUS, B.G.G.

mike c

Thanks for the use of your skull, Baron... I've been trying to get it back to you all morning, but the moment I put 'First Class' on the box, the skull itself refuses to go in! A bizarre turn of events. Should I send it Scare Mail instead? BooPS? DeadEx?
Be assured, however, that I did replace the horns on your skull (obviously I had removed them temporarily for the project) and even gave a few coats of shocking pink glitter paint to the whole thing (when I first got it, good God, the cobwebs!!!). It'll fit the same as always, but you'll feel just peachy knowing you're so shimmery in there!
In the meantime, I suggest plenty of liquids of a certain octane to help with the mushy brain feeling; it won't feel nearly as mushy if the REST of you is feeling just as mushy!
It's nice to know that if I require more body parts I can count on you. (Stop snickering back there, General Terry!)
;)

Mike C.

mike c

Quote from: Josh on January 09, 2009, 05:57:10 PM
(they might need little legs...is that something you can do?)

Given that Ferry never had one to stand on, a single leg of any size would be sufficient to take him down.

Mike C.

fmofmpls

Quote from: mike c on January 10, 2009, 02:48:15 PM
Given that Ferry never had one to stand on, a single leg of any size would be sufficient to take him down.

Bingo! Love that big-time!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Josh

Quote from: mike c on January 10, 2009, 02:48:15 PM

Mike C.

HA, well played my good man

BARON TIMOTHEUS BGG

mike c writ: "Thanks for the use of your skull, Baron"
... You're Welcome, MIKIE, M'lad; You've put it, to far better use, than, I ever have!
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"I've been 'trying'"...
... NOW, THERE'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT! Howe'er, we love you, anyway... we've learned, so much, more, about the Virtue, of PATIENCE, in the process; thanks, to you!
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

... "to get it back to you all morning, but the moment I put 'First Class' on the box, the skull itself refuses to go in! A bizarre turn of events."
... No great surprise... I've taken it, out, on numerous occasions. In fact, it was so nice, out, that, I've left it, out, all day! As far as "FIRST CLASS"... you should have scrawled "FIRST GRADE", on the box, in multiple coloured crayons... then, my Numb-Skull would've thought, that, it would be going, to school, to get an education, to make something, of itself!
``````````````````````````````````````````````

... "Should I send it Scare Mail instead? BooPS? DeadEx?"
... BOOPS! Have BETTY bring it, around, after sundown, and, not, to breathe a word, of it, to a Living Soul, or, else: "She'll have Booped her last BOOP!"
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"Be assured, however, that I did replace the horns on your skull (obviously I had removed them temporarily for the project)"
... Shhhhhh! Don't let everyone know, that, I'm HORNY! It makes me appear so lascivious... and, much, more, like the lead Shape-Shifter, in DISNEY'S animated classic, "BEAUTY & THE BEAST"!
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"... and even gave a few coats of shocking pink glitter paint to the whole thing (when I first got it, good God, the cobwebs!!!). It'll fit the same as always, but you'll feel just peachy knowing you're so shimmery in there!"
... Thanks, for the up-grade; I'm PRETTY, IN PINK! As for the cob-webs, rest assured; they were heavily insured! Given me, by COUNT DRACULA... as you, all, remember, his Castle Foyer, was loaded, with them.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"In the meantime, I suggest plenty of liquids of a certain octane to help with the mushy brain feeling; it won't feel nearly as mushy if the REST of you is feeling just as mushy!"
... Capital Idea! Proving the Truth, with 100 PROOF, of that olde Proverb: "The more, the mushier!", or, " ... "; Oopsi! "Senior Moment"!
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"It's nice to know that if I require more body parts I can count on you."
... No; not, "COUNT", on me... Howe'er, you can know, that, I'll be "BARON", with you, in any body-part needs, which you may require, in the future! I Toast your use, of My BACK, TO THE FUTURE, for example!
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"(Stop snickering back there, General Terry!)  ;)  Mike C."
... Is Our FEARLESS LEADER, indulging in his SNICKER'S addiction, AGAIN!
... TERRY! Fercryinoutloud; Join SNICKER-EATERS ANONYMOUS, I beseech Thee!!
EXANIMO EVERNOW,
TIMMY & THE BARON & FRIENDS, GOO-O-OODD-D!, B.G.G.

mike c

Haha! A very thorough reply, has me laughing even now! (Or should that be EVERNOW?) 

Mike C.

ChrisW

Mike, you are the man!

Do you have a copy of Forry's "Music for Robots"? The whole first side is Uncle Forry talking about the history of Science Fiction robots - all in very clear audio. You may be able to extract something from it...