Forry animatron (homebuilt) help...

Started by mike c, January 07, 2009, 03:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike c

Updating the thread, here's how Uncle Forry's looking now:

I have some so-so video on my blog (hyperlink in my sig) but the programming is off and some servos are losing torque.

But I like this devilish, cartoonish look for him. Oh, the glasses are homemade foam stand-ins; I hope to find accurate real frames soon.

Mike C.

artistguy

Mike,  I love the look you got on Skull Forry!!! Very Wicked indeed!!! Will this be on display in the UMA section at various conventions????

mike c

Nah Adam, this is just a personal project/tribute, although I'm not against the idea!
It's the most complicated head I've built, and it's taking WAY too long to get it to move the way I want it to move (tho' getting it to look the way I wanted was a cinch!).
You learn new stuff with every project... maybe my next will move better. It's just getting too late to niggle around with it much more; I've got to devote more attention to the dozen other projects I'm doing for my Hallowe'en display. But I won't even display him if I think it'll be a lame tribute... I'll put it off until some other time. I do NOT want a half-baked Forry tribute!  :D

I think he'd like it regardless, though!

Mike C.

artistguy

Well Mike,  I think it's great and I hope your going to post your Halloween pics... wait what am I saying... you must post your Halloween pics!!!!

The Creeper

He looks great!  He has come along nicely! 
Long live the UMA!

mike c

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v519/sclerismockrey/?action=view&current=4e3.flv

I'm starting to really like how he's looking and having adjusted a few things, how he's moving.

The Creeper

That is so awesome!  I am sure he loves it wherever he is at now!
Long live the UMA!

Cinemacabre

Mike my friend, your work is, per usual, stunning. Forry would have chuckled his ass off if he'd seen this. Way to go. You honor the man with your animatron and what you do to keep the spirit of Hallowe'en alive. You're the best.
D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre

BaronLatos35

Great work Mike C, you have a unique talent man.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Scatter

After deep consideration, and a lengthy perusal of my voluminous vocabulary, the only words which seem appropriate are, "HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP!!" How did I miss the update here?? I'm bumping this up for those who may have missed it as well. AWESOME MIKE!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Gillman-Fan

mike c

Thank you fellas, too kind, too kind!

If you'd like to see Uncle Forry's full 'routine' from Hallowe'en '09, in his aloha shirt, cape, Drac ring, etc., this post at The Skull & Pumpkin (my little Hallowe'en online 'pub') has two videos, a few pics, and a bit of an explanation:

http://theskullpumpkin.blogspot.com/2009/11/final-fling-for-forry.html

I intend to improve and strengthen him, and put him on display again this year. He was a big hit.

Nothing could've made me happier than to see adults recognize him... unless it was watching the little kids sit a his feet while he spoke to them.

Thanks for helping me tribute our beloved Uncle 4E, and for being so kind in your comments.

What a great group this is.

BROD101

typhooforme

Mike, The Skele-Forry is surely a touching tribute to Our Uncle.  I'm glad he'll be doing what he loved to do so much--talking, entertaining, punning--for years to come!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell