A story that may be of your interest...

Started by Chakor Channing, October 08, 2016, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakor Channing

Since I don't want to keep everyone here reading a wall of text, I will make this post short, sweet, and to the point.

For at least three years I have been working on a story involving a group of high school seniors hunting down a vicious killer and supernatural monsters.  This is a mystery story.  Basically, it's like The Monster Squad with more modern monsters instead of Universal Monsters, and this takes place during the Halloween season.  The story itself is, for the most, already finished.

There are TONS more plot details and depth to this story, but I'm not going to give away any more than what I've already written.  I simply want input from fellow horror literature readers on whether or not you would be interested in this story based on what I wrote above.  I am currently looking into finding a publisher and, if anyone is interested, would appreciate proof of interest.  If you really want more plot details, I suppose we could negotiate via PM, but I can't give away too much.

I guess the simple option would be to reply to this thread, confirming your interest.  If enough people are interested, I could send a link to this thread to the publisher when/if I ever get a hold of them.

Thanks for looking,
Chakor Channing
A life without Halloween and monsters is a life of boredom.

long live kong

Sounds like a cool story to me Chakor, What age range is it aimed at?
Monster lovers never grow old....

Chakor Channing

The age range is generally adults.  Teens would probably enjoy it (minus the lack of sex), but the general audience that I have in mind is adults, from the older adults of the "Monster Kid" era to the young adults of this generation who love monsters.  Thanks so much for your support, long live kong!  ;)

long live kong

Quote from: Chakor Channing on October 08, 2016, 09:10:17 PM
The age range is generally adults.  Teens would probably enjoy it (minus the lack of sex), but the general audience that I have in mind is adults, from the older adults of the "Monster Kid" era to the young adults of this generation who love monsters.  Thanks so much for your support, long live kong!  ;)

No problem, and good luck!

Chakor Channing

I know I probably shouldn't ask, but is there a way that we can make this thread a "Sticky Topic" for a day or two?

Chakor Channing

I figured "why not refresh this thread for Halloween 2016?"  So to those of you who haven't seen this thread before, go ahead and read every drop!

Chakor Channing

Until I receive notice that suggests I do otherwise, I'm going to "bump" this thread once every week for a little while and see what kind of feedback results from it.

Big Bad Wolf

Quote from: Chakor Channing on November 17, 2016, 07:41:14 PM
Until I receive notice that suggests I do otherwise, I'm going to "bump" this thread once every week for a little while and see what kind of feedback results from it.
The Horror Lit board moves so slowly, to do so would be pointless. Why do you think I don't bump the threads I've made here? The bottom of the first page has threads that are more than two years old.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

Chakor Channing

I always thought that the only reason why the bottom of the first page had threads that were over two years old was because people simply didn't post in this board as often as the rest.  The other reason why I thought about bumping this thread weekly is because, while we don't have a whole lot of popular threads on the Horror Lit. board, the one thread that does get constant attention is the Irish limericks thread.  Since the Irish limericks thread gets replies at least two or three times a day, I figured that bumping this thread weekly may be a good way to get more attention and supporters.  Who knows if it will or won't?  I'll keep it up until next week.

Chakor Channing

Chakor Channing

Chakor Channing

Chakor Channing

long live kong

Keep on bumping Chakor, and keep on writing! After all, as Billy Crystal said on 'Throw Momma From The Train', "a writer writes".

Chakor Channing

Thanks for your enthusiasm LLK!  My main concern right now is that thread about allowing folks to read the finished story on Google Drive, as I would love to hear some feedback on the story from my friends here. ;)  http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=30724.0