New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 20, 2022, 10:01:46 PM

INVADERS FROM MARS, 1953 - 4K / BLU-Ray - Ignite Films - Scheduled Release Date:  Fall, 2022

(Actual image to be added when available.)

Bonus Features

.  In UHD, extra HDR treatment
    .  Restored 4K trailer
    .  Newly commissioned artwork including an exclusive poster by graphic artist Laz Marquez
    .  Featurette of interviews with star Jimmy Hunt, William Cameron Menzies' biographer James Curtis,
       Restoration Supervisor Scott MacQueen and recollections of Menzies' eldest granddaughter Pamela Lauesen
    .  Before/after clips of restoration – original negative and archival film elements
    .  Restored segments in 2K of the Alternate International Version
    .  Gallery with original Press Book pages, behind the scenes photos from the restoration process
    .  20 page extensive essay on the restoration process: "Invaders From Mars: A Nightmare of Restoration" by
       Scott MacQueen

Man, I wish they had added a Tom Weaver commentary - or ANY commentary.

Limited to 1,000 pieces.  Price is high and shipping may be a deal breaker for many. 

Pre-Orders will begin April 23 - https://www.ignite-films.com/en-us/products/invaders-from-mars

Ignite Films just sent me a release date of September 26, 2022.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

She Creature, The, 1956 - BLU-Ray - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  June 28, 2022

Bonus Features

-  Mystery Science Theater 3000 Presents The She-Creature
    -  Radio Spot
    -  Photo Gallery

LIMITED TO 1500 COPIES
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Flesh Eaters, The, 1964 - BLU-Ray - Shout Factory - Scheduled Release Date - June 28, 2022

Bonus Features

-  NEW 2K Scan of The Film From The Best Available Film Elements
    -  Alternate Cut of The Film (Standard Definition)
    -  Audio Commentary On The Alternate Cut With Writer/Producer Arnold Drake, Filmmaker Fred Olen Ray And Author/Film Historian Tom Weaver
    -  "Flesh Eater's Daughter" – Interview With Actress Liane Curtis
    -  Outtakes
    -  Storyboard Gallery
    -  Image Gallery
    -  Poster And Lobby Card Gallery
    -  Trailers

LIMITED TO 1500 COPIES
ADAM

MonsterBaker666

I ordered Flesh Eaters.  USPS says Monday delivery, BUT it just got to the post office 1 town over, so it's likely to arrive tomorrow. 

I recently got the Film Detective release of The Brain From Planet Arous.  It, for me, is a mixed bag.  The audio commentary is good, there are 2 11 minute bonus features on Nathan Juran when 1 would do - just 2 people with their takes on him and his career.  A cute intro to the film by star Joyce Meadows, but it's a little too long.  Would have been nice is she talked about her career, the film, etc, instead of the long, drawn out intro.

As to the film presentation itself - they give the widescreen and full frame versions of the film.  BUT the film is a bit too grainy.  And there are quite a lot of visible scratches throughout the film - some white scratches and some black - not too noticeable, but they're there.  And there are frames of the film missing here and there!  Most of them are just a frame or two, and not too annoying, but in the scene with Agar and Thomas Henry in the lab, there are jumps in the film at 3 different points, and it is VERY noticeable and annoying.  This is from the Wade Williams collection, as was the Image Entertainment DVD release from about 20 years ago, and those frames were not missing in that release.  So...caveat emptor.

Memphremagog

Ordered both FLESH EATERS and SHE-CREATURE this morning! Great stuff!
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Memphremagog on June 24, 2022, 10:17:20 PM
Ordered both FLESH EATERS and SHE-CREATURE this morning! Great stuff! 

Me too.

Though I wish they had a full commentary (by Tom Weaver?) on She-Creature.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

I've upgraded a good chunk of films to blu since the pandemic. There's no way on earth I could afford to upgrade them all. My collection will forever be dvd/blu and not solely blu. :angel:

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 25, 2022, 01:29:53 AM
My collection will forever be dvd/blu and not solely blu.

Same here! All of my new purchases (new or old movies) are Blu and favorites, here and there, have been replaced and all of the Universal movies have been rebought (but not replaced). There's no way I can even think about replacing all of those DVDs!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Years ago I made the unfortunate mistake of selling half my DVD collection, once I replaced with bluray
Now I regret selling my DVD collection. Most of it was OOP rare films. With the recent influx of resellers, most out of print DVDs have increased in value. I really regret selling and it wasn't for large amounts of money. I only sold to thin- out my collection.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BRICK

I have tried to upgrade to Blu-Ray where I can, just for the image quality. But some films haven't yet been released on that format yet (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, 1931, for instance) and some Blu-Rays are lacking special features that are on the DVD (the Image Entertainment 1925 Phantom of the Opera Blu-Ray lacks the colorized Red Death sequences that the DVD release has).
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Monsters For Sale

On the Beach, 1959 - BLU-Ray - Imprint - Scheduled Release Date:  September 9, 2022

Special Features:

Disc One: On the Beach

-  NEW Audio Commentary by film scholar Adrian Martin (2021) 
   -  Audio commentary written by On the Beach expert Dr. Philip Davey, read by actor Douglas Hansell (2015)
   -  NEWLY Discovered Outtakes of Scenes, Location Footage and Costume Tests NEW Video Essay by Kat Ellinger
   -  NEW Interview with Kim Newman
   -  NEW Video essay from costume historian Elissa Rose
   -  Making On the Beach - rare 8mm amateur footage (1959)
   -  Donna Anderson Interview (2015)
   -  Stanley Kramer's photo album - image gallery
   -  Optional descriptive text
   -  Original lobby cards - image gallery
   -  Costume Stills - 16 image gallery
   -  National and International Poster Gallery
   -  Big Stars Arrive In Melbourne - Original Newsreel (1958)
   -  Gamblin Mannew - Promotional Short Original Theatrical Trailer
   -  Original Radio Spots
   -  Original Aspect Ratio 1.66:1 Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
   -  Optional English HOH subtitles

Disc Two: Fallout

-  Fallout - Lawrence Johnston's 2013 feature documentary on the novel and Hollywood movie of On the Beach
   -  NEW Interview with director Lawrence Johnston
   -  Original Theatrical Trailer
   -  Original Aspect Ratio TBC Audio English TBC

This is an Australian release, but all my Australian BLU-Rays are region free - and, since the Amazon listing carries no warning, I assume this one is too.

Limited Edition of 1000.

Amazon's pre-order price is a whopping $92.99.  Maybe that will come down some between now and September 9th.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 14, 2022, 05:38:13 AM
On the Beach, 1959 - BLU-Ray - Imprint

Nice package, but for that price, it would have to be my all-time favorite movie!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Shout/Scream having a sale on boxsets til July 19th. The Universal Horror sets volumes 1-6 are marked down to $41.99 each, and the Fly set is marked down to $39.

ODBJBG

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 15, 2022, 04:29:16 AM
Shout/Scream having a sale on boxsets til July 19th. The Universal Horror sets volumes 1-6 are marked down to $41.99 each, and the Fly set is marked down to $39.
Thanks for the head's up on this!

Monsters For Sale

Maniacal Mayhem (Karloff Trilogy) - BLU-Ray - Eureka! - Scheduled Release Date:  October 17, 2022  (UK)

The Invisible Ray / Black Friday / The Strange Door  -  Three films on two discs.

SPECIAL FEATURES

-  Limited Edition slipcase [2000 copies]
    -  1080p presentation of all three films across two Blu-ray discs
    -  All films presented from 2K scans of the original film elements
    -  Optional English SDH
    -  Brand new audio commentary tracks on The Invisible Ray and The Strange Door with author Stephen Jones and author / critic Kim Newman
    -  Brand new audio commentary track on Black Friday with Kevin Lyons and Jonathan Rigby
    -  "The Sire de Maletroit's Door" radio adaptations
    -  Stills Galleries
    -  Trailers
    -  A limited edition collector's booklet on all three films by film writers Andrew Graves, Rich Johnson, and Craig Ian Mann [2000 copies]

I think this is a first time BLU-Ray for The Invisible Ray and Black Friday.   The Strange Door came out on BLU-Ray from Scream Factory.
ADAM