Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Here's a book chronicling many of the collectibles in this thread:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Here are a couple of photos of my Grandpa Munster Drag-U-La model kit:

thrhrt

skully

I remember, almost like it was yesterday, buying this kit, along with the Koach, when they were brand new, liked the small plastic vials of paint, and the little tube of glue that was included with these,and the actual photos used on the boxes.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on May 28, 2018, 03:01:06 PM
Here's a book chronicling many of the collectibles in this thread:

8)

Looks like a cool book.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Here are scans of a few more of my Mystery in Space comics:

Northland copy

Northland copy

Northland copy

8)

Hepcat

Here from my collection is an uncut sheet of space themed rub off transfers from Cracker Jack:

The transfers were included as premiums in Cracker Jack for a few years around 1960. I saw this uncut sheet hanging on the wall of a card shop in London over twenty years ago and I had to buy it. The sheet brought back an almost forgotten memory of these tattoos having been included in the boxes of Cracker Jack that were given out in the boodle bags at the Labatt's company Xmas party for kids at the London Arena. While we waited for Santa to make his appearance, we got cake, cookies and ice cream and were entertained by a wonderful magician.  Every child's name was then called and we each received a wrapped present such as a model kit together with the boodle bag full of candy treats from Santa. It couldn't get any better than that for a kid at the time.

8)

ChrisW

Quote from: Hepcat on June 07, 2018, 02:36:13 PM
Here from my collection is an uncut sheet of space themed rub off transfers from Cracker Jack:

The transfers were included as premiums in Cracker Jack for a few years around 1960. I saw this uncut sheet hanging on the wall of a card shop in London over twenty years ago and I had to buy it. The sheet brought back an almost forgotten memory of these tattoos having been included in the boxes of Cracker Jack that were given out in the boodle bags at the Labatt's company Xmas party for kids at the London Arena. While we waited for Santa to make his appearance, we got cake, cookies and ice cream and were entertained by a wonderful magician.  Every child's name was then called and we each received a wrapped present such as a model kit together with the boodle bag full of candy treats from Santa. It couldn't get any better than that for a kid at the time.

8)

What great iconic 1950's space illustrations.

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChrisW on June 20, 2018, 04:43:44 PM
What great iconic 1950's space illustrations.

Pic in the 3rd row is copied from Destination Moon.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

jimm

Sci Fi? I'm in... took the battery ops out for their annual walk... only one didnt fire, the pesky AHI LIS robot ::)

Hepcat

Quote from: jimm on July 18, 2018, 12:12:10 AMSci Fi? I'm in... took the battery ops out for their annual walk... only one didnt fire, the pesky AHI LIS robot

::)

Great success ratio nonetheless!

8)

Hepcat

Can any of the Dr. Seuss books be considered monster collectibles? Many are pretty beastly!

???

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on August 10, 2018, 08:59:03 PM
Can any of the Dr. Seuss books be considered monster collectibles? Many are pretty beastly!
I think so...

I still have my original copy of How The Grinch Stole Christmas! from the '60s when I belonged to the Beginner's Book Club. I kept all of my Seuss books, and several of them are very monstery, Bartholomew and the Oobleck for example. Also, the Grinch will be forever linked to King Karloff for the absolutely great '60s cartoon.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

These movie posters are fabulous over-the-top cool:

cl:)

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 10, 2018, 09:12:35 PM
I think so...

I still have my original copy of How The Grinch Stole Christmas! from the '60s when I belonged to the Beginner's Book Club. I kept all of my Seuss books, and several of them are very monstery, Bartholomew and the Oobleck for example. Also, the Grinch will be forever linked to King Karloff for the absolutely great '60s cartoon.

Moreover Seuss' On Beyond Zebra book absolutely, positively explores Outer Limits territory:

Or even The Twilight Zone!

hmjfym