Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

The grandfather of all monster magazines- Famous Monsters Of Filmland #1:

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on January 07, 2017, 07:04:51 PM
Updated pics of my Halloween blow mold collection:

Your photographs have really improved since you got a new camera. Do you use a tripod or any kind of special lighting?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 09, 2017, 05:39:13 PM
Your photographs have really improved since you got a new camera. Do you use a tripod or any kind of special lighting?

???
Thanks. I have a small tripod and sometimes I use a portable lamp but certainly nothing a pro would employ.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

The Ideal King Kong board game had fabulous graphics:

cl:)

Hepcat

Here are some scans of my 1967 Topps Terror Tales cards:

I love the contrast between the fronts with their sickly greenish tinge and the bright pink backs. It's a very tough set to complete though.

Hepcat

The Aurora Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde kit doesn't seem to get as much appreciation as is bestowed on most of the other Aurora monster kits:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=17099.0

Pity. It's a nice one!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 11, 2017, 09:23:31 PM
The Aurora Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde kit doesn't seem to get as much appreciation as is bestowed on most of the other Aurora monster kits:
I built one as a kid but I was too young to do a good job. I still enjoyed it though.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Hepcat

Interesting that Hasbro, unlike some others including Kenner, didn't cheap out on the colour palate offered in these painting by number sets:

8)

long live kong

Quote from: Hepcat on January 14, 2017, 05:04:01 AM
Interesting that Hasbro, unlike some others including Kenner, didn't cheap out on the colour palate offered in these painting by number sets:

8)
And the brush looks decent too, much better than the lousy ones you get in modern children's craft sets that are neither use nor ornament! That's what I find most impressive about vintage toys (besides the artwork/designs), they were made with quality and pride, unlike the junk my kids get at christmas nowadays.
Monster lovers never grow old....

Hepcat

Here are some great shots of the Palmer figures from the collection of Toy Ranch:

horrorhunter

Frankenstein Door Poster by Jack Davis sold through Warren Publishing's Captain Company:

I bought a copy from Drive-In Moonlite Movies printed on thick glossy paper. Looks great!
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Warren Vampirella Life Size Poster by Jose Gonzalez:

I have the Harris reprint hung on my closet door and a Warren original rolled up in a tube. Love those Warren posters.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on January 14, 2017, 06:20:24 PM
Here are some great shots of the Palmer figures from the collection of Toy Ranch:

I needs a green Creature!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website