Mezco Frankenstein pre-order

Started by Palifan, April 06, 2016, 09:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gory Glenn

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on July 26, 2016, 11:03:16 AM
That one failed at wholesale, but was actually solicited. DST repurposed the head and hand sculpts into their vinyl bank, which is why the Frankie bank doesn't hold up to the rest.

I'm very excited by the Mezco line b&w, color, possible diorama, and I'd dig a GID too!

That's interesting. I agree that the likeness is a miss but still bought one. People are over charging for the color version of the Frankie bank online since DST hasn't produced any in a while. King Kang Kong gave some info on this in another thread.

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=29568.0

QuoteWe actually did multiple production runs of most of them, and I think we will continue to for the foreseeable future. We released the first ones three or four years ago, and made new batches each year we released new characters, but I believe we plan to keep them in stock for retailers as long as we have the license.

I'm not sure when the next run of Frankenstein, Creature and Mutant will be, but we still have stock of Bride and Wolfman, and ALL five black-and-white versions, on our website, but we do charge the SRP, which is $22.99:

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/universal-monsters--banks

You can also order any of those through your local comic shop, if you don't want to pay shipping.

Mord

I'm not sure that was accurate information given,  Glenn.  As you noted, the prices climbed since they were out of production for awhile. Right after that statement was made, it was announced that DST no longer had the Universal license. The Frankenstein sculpt looks good from the side but bad from the front, imo.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on July 26, 2016, 12:05:58 PM
I'm not sure that was accurate information given,  Glenn.  As you noted, the prices climbed since they were out of production for awhile. Right after that statement was made, it was announced that DST no longer had the Universal license. The Frankenstein sculpt looks good from the side but bad from the front, imo.

Thanks Mord. I didn't know DST lost the license.

Monster Bob

I still prefer this, especially in quarter scale.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mord on July 26, 2016, 12:05:58 PM
The Frankenstein sculpt looks good from the side but bad from the front, imo.

I have to display mine from the side, that's for sure.  I have him looking at the Bride, so it's all good and works perfectly!   ededed

Mord

Quote from: Monster Bob on July 26, 2016, 06:26:32 PM

I still prefer this, especially in quarter scale.
Looks like a Pee Wee Herman version of the Monster.  The face sculpt is way off.  The neck bolts are ridiculous. Sideshow already did a great quarter scale monster.  The Mezco one is worlds better than this organ grinder monkey.

Mord

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 26, 2016, 07:28:38 PM
I have to display mine from the side, that's for sure.  I have him looking at the Bride, so it's all good and works perfectly!   ededed

Great display,  AOF,  looks like we have the same taste in collectibles. BTW, I have the Monster and Bride banks displayed like yours. I hadn't noticed that they used the rejected 18" head/hands sculpt on the bank until someone here pointed it out.

Monster Bob

Quote from: Mord on July 26, 2016, 11:32:24 PM
Looks like a Pee Wee Herman version of the Monster.  The face sculpt is way off.  The neck bolts are ridiculous. Sideshow already did a great quarter scale monster.  The Mezco one is worlds better than this organ grinder monkey.

The Mezco looks a lot like the Frank in Doorway kit Möbius did a couple of years ago, which was "meh". The Mezco is only better because it comes with the squeezing a turd head, too.

Mord

Quote from: Monster Bob on July 27, 2016, 12:06:10 AM
The Mezco looks a lot like the Frank in Doorway kit Möbius did a couple of years ago, which was "meh". The Mezco is only better because it comes with the squeezing a turd head, too.
Bob, you're doing what you always do. You find something that people are excited about and try to suck the joy out of it. It's  your MO. You know that this looks nothing like that atrocious Mobius kit (unless your vision is seriously impaired). You shouldn't even be concerned about this piece. You rarely like realistically sculpted modern toys, and you're a notorious cheapskate. You're obviously trying to bait a fight and then whine about being the victim. 

Monster Bob

You know absolutely nothing about me, obviously.

Mord

Quote from: Monster Bob on July 27, 2016, 12:20:50 AM
You know absolutely nothing about me, obviously.
Yeah,  let's keep it that way.

Monster Bob

Do you still live with Mom and Dad?

the_horror_man

Woe woe..hold on my monster brothers. Come on now. We all branches on the monster tree. Anyway, imo, I think both the Mezco and the Frankie that Monster Bob posted are awesome. They never released the one that Monster Bob posted, correct?

thm

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on July 26, 2016, 11:32:24 PM

Harsh words from a harsh man.  ;) ;D

Mord

Quote from: the_horror_man on July 27, 2016, 10:18:32 AM
Woe woe..hold on my monster brothers. Come on now. We all branches on the monster tree. Anyway, imo, I think both the Mezco and the Frankie that Monster Bob posted are awesome. They never released the one that Monster Bob posted, correct?

thm
They used the head and hands on the DST bust bank. I have one of those, it's not very impressive. I would have bought the 18" figure had it been released, but would never put it in the same league as the Mezco.Frankenstein.