UNIVERSAL PSYCHO HOUSE METAL WOOD PAPERWEIGHT

Started by Anton Phibes, March 17, 2016, 10:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

I want one of these. Got one ya wanna sell???...pm me. Thank you.

Anton Phibes

I am still seeking one of these. I will pay the going rate (whatever that is). I let one slip through my fingers for $75 last year..... because I wasnt home and got sniped. Its killing me,lol. Anyway: I am still hunting this....so...BUMP. :angel: :angel:

Haunted hearse

When I lived in California, I went to Universal Studios all the time.  Why didn't anything this cool ever show up at the park gift shops?
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Haunted hearse on June 25, 2016, 12:58:28 AM
When I lived in California, I went to Universal Studios all the time.  Why didn't anything this cool ever show up at the park gift shops?

Supposedly thats where it was offered....for about 5 minutes,lol. My guess is most of these were bought and packed in someone's attic or pitched into the trash. They were just park souvenirs. but I need to own one. :angel:

Anton Phibes

Anton Phibes

Maceo1

I am guessing you already contacted the two possible manufacturers .
I am being watched, by blind people.

Anton Phibes

I contacted the sculptor via his blog. I actually have no idea as to the other parties. Wanna help me out?

Anton Phibes

Still have never acquired this. Still wish to buy one. Thanks.

Anton Phibes

I would like to own this before I am upping the daisies one day folks. Anyone got one to sell, please pm me.

Anton Phibes

NO LONGER SEEKING. There were only 75 made, and it was sculpted by Anton Tremblay in 1999. Independently, and that's why they are rarer than hen's teeth. I have one now, so no longer seeking. Took awhile, but now the quest is over.

skully

Anton, glad you finally found one.  I have something unusual as well which was probably sold at the Universal park, it seems to be a bagged party type item with the Bates Psycho house mentioned and pictured on a header card with paper napkins and plastic stirrers with the house and Psycho on them, from what I can remember, I've yet to see another one but I don't think it's as rare or desirable as your paperweight piece.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on December 28, 2020, 05:18:54 AM
NO LONGER SEEKING. There were only 75 made, and it was sculpted by Anton Tremblay in 1999. Independently, and that's why they are rarer than hen's teeth. I have one now, so no longer seeking. Took awhile, but now the quest is over.

That's great news Anton and just goes to show that if you pursue something for long enough it can finally turn up  :D

Did you manage to find it on eBay in the end or from somewhere else?

Ian

Anton Phibes

Part of the reason it took so long to find was the fact that I couldn't have been more wrong in how to describe it. I thought it was an old paperweight. It isn't Apparently the individual who made them is pretty renowned. Each edition is extremely limited. Here is a link to the buildings he did:

http://www.buildingcollector.com/2014/07/the-complete-production-list-of.html

I thought maybe folks were asking too much for these when they would pop up. Which they popped up exactly 3 times in the last 15 years, my purchase being one of them. Until I saw what the asking prices for some of the other editions bring. So I nabbed Psycho. Look at the asking price for this Frank Lloyd Wright metal building he did.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Scarce-Microcosms-Ennis-Brown-House-Souvenir-Building-Frank-Lloyd-Wright/393058374610?hash=item5b841ad3d2:g:ZjgAAOSwACpf2igq