Show us your new kit scores!

Started by Dr Wolfenstein, January 06, 2016, 02:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: ChrisW on February 27, 2016, 01:29:16 AMI remember reading Bil Bruegman's Aurora guide and being slack-jaw amazed that there was an Aurora model kit named "The Vampire" that I had never seen, nor even heard of!

She's charming! Pity she's so rarely seen though.

:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

Rogerbee

My Horizon Creature arrived earlier. I got hit with a customs fee, the amount on the slip was £67.81, which I begrudgingly paid. However, I got a call this morning to say that the fee was actually $67.81! Yeah, big difference! The box he came in was no bigger than you'd put a 1/4 scale bust in. That and the fact that it was from Canada should have been enough for someone to realise first off what the fee should have been! Still, they've refunded the overcharge and I now own the kit, so all's welll that ends well.

He's in superb nick having never been taken out of his bag for over 20 years. It's still a superb kit and one I'm really looking forward to working on. Here's some pics:

All present and correct!

Superb likeness!

Loving the detail, this is going to be a ball to paint.

Got the Frankenstein bust to finish first though....

CHEERS!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Quote from: Rogerbee on March 18, 2016, 04:16:03 PM... it was from Canada should have been enough for someone to realise first off what the fee should have been!

Since there's free trade between the United States and Canada the only customs fee that could be levied is any local sales taxes.

Quote from: Rogerbee on March 18, 2016, 04:16:03 PMI got hit with a customs fee, the amount on the slip was £67.81, which I begrudgingly paid. However, I got a call this morning to say that the fee was actually $67.81!

Was the package sent by United Parcel Services? Was the bulk of the fee a custom brokerage fee for just collecting your state's sales tax?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Rogerbee

It was Canada Post as far as I know, the fee is UK VAT I think, they also charge an £8 handling fee.

They used to let stuff slide, but, having been hit twice now, I think they're tightening up on it now. So, if you're in the UK and ordering from the US or Canada, be warned!

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

I seem to be going through mixed fortunes when it comes to kit scores. I get the good bit when I find and buy the kit, and then there's a sting in the tale. Earlier, I scored this:

It's the Horizon Bat Dracula, a kit I've always wanted. As per usual, proper MIB ones are triple figures, however, this one was just under £60 posted. What's the sting!? Well, it may be in the UK this time, but, it's Easter. The kit will be sent via second class post, so, as Good Friday and Easter Monday are classed as public holidays, there are no postal deliveries on those days. This means that it's going to be a week at least before I get the kit. Oh what fun! No hidden fees this time though...

I know,  I should just count myself lucky that I'm getting these cool kits at all, LOL!

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Well, wonders never cease, the kit arrived earlier today! That floored me, I didn't think I'd get it till next week. I'm well happy! This is another kit where the bag was unopened so it was obvious that it was going to be complete, and here he is:

Loving the detail, especially seeing as it's over 20 years old.

I'll have a ball painting that!

Those wedges fit into the bottoms of the feet which enable him to stand up. If anyone has him, did you fill the legs and in which bits?

CHEERS!

The Batman

Quote from: Rogerbee on March 18, 2016, 04:16:03 PM
My Horizon Creature arrived earlier. I got hit with a customs fee, the amount on the slip was £67.81, which I begrudgingly paid. However, I got a call this morning to say that the fee was actually $67.81! Yeah, big difference! The box he came in was no bigger than you'd put a 1/4 scale bust in. That and the fact that it was from Canada should have been enough for someone to realise first off what the fee should have been! Still, they've refunded the overcharge and I now own the kit, so all's welll that ends well.

He's in superb nick having never been taken out of his bag for over 20 years. It's still a superb kit and one I'm really looking forward to working on. Here's some pics:

All present and correct!

Superb likeness!

Loving the detail, this is going to be a ball to paint.

Got the Frankenstein bust to finish first though....

CHEERS!

I must give this specimen a Creature reward.

GREAT SCORE !

Rogerbee

Thanks,

Might be a while before you see him done though as I seem to have made the Bat my next project.

CHEERS!

StyreneDude

Finally got my Aurora grail kit after all these years...came all the way from merry old England!
I can't wait to finally build a full set of these guys!

Rockshasa

Quote from: StyreneDude on March 29, 2016, 09:57:15 PM

That's awesome! I'm jealous.
:(
I don't understand why no one has re-popped this kit yet?
All the others have been re-popped except this one.

StyreneDude

Thanks!

I always figured this is one of the kits whose mold was destroyed in the infamous train wreck...or maybe scrapped for some reason?

marsattacks666

Quote from: StyreneDude on March 29, 2016, 09:57:15 PM
Finally got my Aurora grail kit after all these years...came all the way from merry old England!
I can't wait to finally build a full set of these guys!

This is one cool kit.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Rockshasa

Quote from: StyreneDude on March 29, 2016, 11:09:59 PMI always figured this is one of the kits whose mold was destroyed in the infamous train wreck...or maybe scrapped for some reason?
Arrrgh! When in doubt, blame it on an infamous train wreck. It's better than blaming the family dog.