Best Movie In a Horror Series

Started by Rotting Corpse, January 02, 2016, 07:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rotting Corpse

Sure am :) Thought it'd be good to share this topic over there, always enjoy doing these little surveys.

Rotting Corpse

Forgot about Psycho. Probably since believe it or not I've yet to see any of them, my only real exposure to it has been Bates Motel.

Big Bad Wolf

Quote from: Rotting Corpse on May 17, 2017, 09:00:55 PM
Underworld is another I remembered. Only seen the original and didn't really much like it and have been in no rush to see the rest. I think I saw parts of the second one long ago.
I've honestly only seen the first two, and I only saw them once, and it was years ago. So...not exactly fair for me to judge. Although I recall mildly enjoying the first one. Vaguely.

I, Frankenstein on the other hand (which is from the makers of Underworld and holy crap does it show) was an utter trainwreck IMHO. Not sure that really counts though.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

Rotting Corpse

O actually saw I, Frankenstein in the theater when it came out, too  :-[

Rotting Corpse

Quote from: Big Bad Wolf on May 17, 2017, 05:07:17 AM
Resident Evil - None of them. I prefer the games. The ones that are actually still horror games, that is.

I always hated how the films deviated so much from the games and completely lost the suspense and atmosphere in favor of silly girls with guns fare. I suspect the films unfortunately had an influence on the later games as well with how they threw the Horror aspect out the window in favor of mindless shooting.

Rotting Corpse

I saw Alien: Covenant yesterday and quite enjoyed it and it's certainly the best entry the series had had in a long time, but I still think Aliens is the best and always will be. Though I'm sure some would say the original.

the_last_gunslinger

Friday The 13th: Part 6: Jason Lives
Halloween: Part 4
A Nightmare On Elm Street: Original
Saw: Dislike them all equally
Scream: The First one, I guess
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Haven't seen them
Alien: Aliens
Predator: Part 2
Phantasm: Haven't seen them
Evil Dead:Evil Dead 2
Hellraiser: Hellbound: Hellraiser 2
Insidious: The original
Child's Play" Curse of Chucky
Final Destination: Original
Paranormal Activity: Part 3
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Rotting Corpse

Phantasm is an awesome series and well worth getting into if you've never seen them.

Rotting Corpse

Wrong Turn is another series I remembered. only seen the original which I remember liking.

Rotting Corpse

And Re-Animator. Only seen the original which is awesome, been curious about the two sequels.

Rotting Corpse

What a coincedence we were talking about Resident Evil the other day, just earlier I saw the news of the film series being rebooted. I'm actually happy to see the news, I'm hopeful the new film series will be much closer to the earlier games of the series and be much more faithful. RE deserves a good film version for sure.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Rotting Corpse on May 22, 2017, 09:40:12 PM
And Re-Animator. Only seen the original which is awesome, been curious about the two sequels.
Bride Of Re-Animator and Beyond Re-Animator are good over-the-top fun directed by Brian Yuzna. They still fall short of the excellent original however, which is directed by Stuart Gordon.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Rotting Corpse

I'll seek them out someday, I love the original and I enjoy quite a bit of Brian Yuzna's work, so I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

Also curious about your choices. With a name like Horrorhunter you seem like someone who's seen tons.

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 23, 2017, 09:46:00 PM
Bride Of Re-Animator and Beyond Re-Animator are good over-the-top fun directed by Brian Yuzna. They still fall short of the excellent original however, which is directed by Stuart Gordon.

Agreed.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: Rotting Corpse on May 24, 2017, 04:43:52 AM
I'll seek them out someday, I love the original and I enjoy quite a bit of Brian Yuzna's work, so I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

Also curious about your choices. With a name like Horrorhunter you seem like someone who's seen tons.
But then I would be horrorfinder.

:laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...