Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

This pics kinda look like crap, but you get the idea. Some stuff I've picked up over last couple of months:

2017-04-30_03-18-37 by geezer2014, on Flickr

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 30, 2017, 10:24:06 PM
Are these blurays available at Walmart?

I think I saw the Hammer ones there.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

I wonder if Oliver Stone puts that one on his résumé?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 10, 2017, 11:59:16 PM
I wonder if Oliver Stone puts that one on his résumé?

Probably not; however, it is a lot more entertaining than some of his overblown opuses that would follow. :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Memphremagog on May 10, 2017, 09:56:36 PM
Just arrived:

This will seem interesting with Mary Woronov in the film.

horrorhunter

I received this Something Weird Video DVD copy of The Curious Dr. Humpp (1969) from an eBay seller today:

By the pic it appears that the case has considerable wear, but when I received it I discovered it's almost as new. Evidently what appears to be wear in the photo is reflection. The disc is as new and plays fine. This is the old snapcase original release from 2000 with all the SWV special features. This was re-released in 2011 by IMAGE without the special features. I wanted the original SWV version and since it was only $10 I took a chance on a badly worn case... which it turned out wasn't worn very much at all. Most of these you see offered nowadays are the IMAGE re-releases. The original SWV DVDs are big fun.  ;D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 11, 2017, 08:10:15 PM
I received this Something Weird Video DVD copy of The Curious Dr. Humpp (1969) from an eBay seller today:

By the pic it appears that the case has considerable wear, but when I received it I discovered it's almost as new. Evidently what appears to be wear in the photo is reflection. The disc is as new and plays fine. This is the old snapcase original release from 2000 with all the SWV special features. This was re-released in 2011 by IMAGE without the special features. I wanted the original SWV version and since it was only $10 I took a chance on a badly worn case... which it turned out wasn't worn very much at all. Most of these you see offered nowadays are the IMAGE re-releases. The original SWV DVDs are big fun.  ;D

I love SWV (R.I.P., Mike Vraney) This film/DVD is fun to watch. Does this DVD have the paper/wrap-around cover? I assume so.

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 11, 2017, 08:14:38 PM
I love SWV (R.I.P., Mike Vraney) This film/DVD is fun to watch. Does this DVD have the paper/wrap-around cover? I assume so.
Yeah, it's the old cardboard case that folds out...really cool.  8)

I've seen this film show up on the classic Something Weird Video intro so many times it'll be good to actually watch the whole thing. It's the same cast and crew that did Blood Of The Virgins so I expect it will be fun.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...