Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 19, 2016, 12:37:41 AM
Thanks, horrorhunter. I bought the blood trilogy bluray, maybe a year ago. I had the VHS/DVDs, but wanted the bluray. Not only to add to
to my film collection, also to add to my Something Weird Video collection. ( R.I.P., Mike Vraney)
The price fluctuated from nearly $20 down to just over $10, and when I went back to check my order it had changed again to just over $11! I wonder why there are such wild and frequent fluctuations with Amazon pricing? Anyway, I grabbed it at just over $10 so that's cool with me.  :)

Also, I was reading some of the reviews for The Blood Trilogy Blu-ray and someone wrote that it isn't a true widescreen presentation, that they chopped off the top and bottom of the screen to make it look like widescreen. Have you noticed any evidence of that on your Blu-ray version of any of those three films, mars? I know anyone can post what they want to on those Amazon reviews, and I've seen some pretty goofy stuff, but this got me wondering. I don't know why Something Weird would do that, if in fact they did.  ???
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 19, 2016, 02:31:42 AM
I wonder why there are such wild and frequent fluctuations with Amazon pricing?

When amazon doesn't have their own stock for sale, they use another seller as the default listing for that item. When that seller sells out, they pick another guy. That's why the price differences.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 19, 2016, 04:06:50 AM
When amazon doesn't have their own stock for sale, they use another seller as the default listing for that item. When that seller sells out, they pick another guy. That's why the price differences.

I wondered why some items changed price several times in the same day.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 19, 2016, 04:16:04 AM
I wondered why some items changed price several times in the same day.

Somewhere on the page it will say "Sold by Bob's DVDs and Fulfilled by Amazon."
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 19, 2016, 02:31:42 AM
The price fluctuated from nearly $20 down to just over $10, and when I went back to check my order it had changed again to just over $11! I wonder why there are such wild and frequent fluctuations with Amazon pricing? Anyway, I grabbed it at just over $10 so that's cool with me.  :)

Also, I was reading some of the reviews for The Blood Trilogy Blu-ray and someone wrote that it isn't a true widescreen presentation, that they chopped off the top and bottom of the screen to make it look like widescreen. Have you noticed any evidence of that on your Blu-ray version of any of those three films, mars? I know anyone can post what they want to on those Amazon reviews, and I've seen some pretty goofy stuff, but this got me wondering. I don't know why Something Weird would do that, if in fact they did.  ???

Now that you mentioned......
Two Thousand Maniacs seemed a bit off. In terms of aspect ratio.
I'll view all three films today. By the way. There is a really cool Easter
Egg on the bluray, among other cool features on the disc.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 19, 2016, 04:06:50 AM
Seems obvious now that you mention it. Thanks, Mike.

You, Mike Scott, are deemed The Thankable One, or Sir Thankable.

But, we won't conk your head like Bugs did this poor sap:

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 19, 2016, 07:17:35 PM
You, Mike Scott, are deemed The Thankable One, or Sir Thankable.

I prefer "The Thankster".

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 19, 2016, 07:17:35 PM
But, we won't conk your head like Bugs did this poor sap:

My favorite was "quarter of ten". :)
CREATURE FAN

geezer butler

Picked these up in Phoenix area recently. If you're ever in Tempe, AZ check out ZIA Record Exchange. Very cool place. I always stop  there during my annual Phoenix vacation. These were used at like $6-7 a piece. I think "Monsters" was like $10.

2016-03-19_07-41-07 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2016-03-19_07-40-50 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2016-03-19_07-40-13 by geezer2014, on Flickr

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on March 19, 2016, 11:50:51 PM
Picked these up in Phoenix area recently. If you're ever in Tempe, AZ check out ZIA Record Exchange. Very cool place. I always stop  there during my annual Phoenix vacation. These were used at like $6-7 a piece. I think "Monsters" was like $10.

2016-03-19_07-41-07 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2016-03-19_07-40-50 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2016-03-19_07-40-13 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Wow! I LOVE Zia Records. A few years ago my band  played at a small club in Tempe, Az. Zia Records is a very cool place to buy vinyl, movies and other cool stuff. I purchased an original copy of the Stooges-Raw Power on vinyl. Zia cornered the market on OOP movies and etc.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

A Frankenstein double whammy:

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Gory Glenn

Gory Glenn

Looking forward to this release on April 19th. Shout! Factory does great work. It's supposed to have a new HD transfer and it needed it. I have all previous versions and even the Gruesome Edition Blu-ray is grainy so big hopes this one cleans it up nicely. One of my all time favorite horror movies and for me Bill Moseleys best performance. Perfect combination of horror and humor. The underground lair set of the Sawyer family is awesome too!

Mord

I like the scene when Leatherface "probes" Caroline Williams with his chainsaw. They had to get a second actor to do that scene. The first one said that he couldn't, in all good conscience, do that type of scene.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on March 23, 2016, 04:57:22 PM
I like the scene when Leatherface "probes" Caroline Williams with his chainsaw. They had to get a second actor to do that scene. The first one said that he couldn't, in all good conscience, do that type of scene.

But he's OK with chainsawing people to death? Again, the old "sex is more obscene than violence" mind set.  :-\

Mord

Exactly! I've seen horrendous violence get away with a PG-13 rating. Show one breast, and you automatically rate an R. Who are these sexless drones rating our movies? I've only noticed it getting more repressive in recent years. Watch some '70s or '80s horror and you get plenty of full frontal. Now, you only get side boobs (if you're lucky).