Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Quote from: Gory Glenn on February 25, 2016, 06:43:00 PM
I gave up on this movie after I bought the Screwhead edition on Blu-ray. This movie has been re-released so many times on DVD that I finally stopped buying them. I have 3 or 4 different releases of this movie. I'd have to check. :P Nice cover art on this new one.

I think they may be trying for a Guinness World Record.

ChristineBCW

They can try for a Guiness record, but I have faith in Ridley Scott.  BLADE RUNNER hasn't been re-released in 4 years now, and it's about time for the Platinum Cuts of the Theatrical Directors' Version Special Editions. 

Supposedly, Ridley discovered sound loops that keep saying "Paul is dead" and he's going to make sure those are included, plus the sublimal scenes of 4 guys chasing Rachel across an Abbey Road crosswalk.   This should put him back in the lead for that Guiness Record of DVD Re-Re-Releases.

(And because it's Rachel, Hubby will be all over that purchase like spray paint on Daryl Hannah.)

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChristineBCW on February 26, 2016, 02:07:19 PM
BLADE RUNNER hasn't been re-released in 4 years now,

I know it has had several DVD releases, but didn't know it was in the top tier. I think I have a 4 disc set?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

Sean Young once laughingly complained that they spent 2 days on wardrobe changes for her gray-suited "interview" scene, all filmed and all reviewed by some of the honchos.  So, there's gotta be a few DVDs to be included in that next "All Wardrobes" version of BLADE RUNNER.  Then, there will be the European version of the All Wardrobes version, then the Director's Cut of the European Theatrical version of the American Uncut Version.  I think they can milk (or is that "bilk"?) at least a couple of more discs and releases out of those. 

I like BLADE RUNNER but I kept the VHS Theatrical along with the Dir Cut DVD, then we got that 4-disc version.  If I'm gonna pay for them, then "making fun of Ridley" should be part of the options, right?

"Has that new White Album arrived yet, honey?"

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChristineBCW on February 26, 2016, 05:24:38 PM
If I'm gonna pay for them, then "making fun of Ridley" should be part of the options, right?

Absolutely! ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: ChristineBCW on February 26, 2016, 05:24:38 PM

"Has that new White Album arrived yet, honey?"
Wait...there's a new edition of the White Album? I only have the first 17.

marsattacks666

Picked up- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Day of the Dead (1985)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

On the way from out in the Amazon.

cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

LOVE both Franco & Romay (R.I.P.). I have "Female Vampire" but am not familiar with "Exorcism". Do you recommend it?

marsattacks666

Some really great titles/films.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 27, 2016, 06:23:42 PM

The Crimson Cult blu-ray is excellent with a nice commentary from Barbara Steele.. :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

geezer butler

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 27, 2016, 06:23:42 PM

Great stuff HH! "Crimson" and "Doc Terror" look great on Blue-ray imo.

horrorhunter

Quote from: geezer butler on February 28, 2016, 05:31:10 AM
Great stuff HH! "Crimson" and "Doc Terror" look great on Blue-ray imo.
Thanks, geez.

Gonna get a few more Blus when Monster Dog gets released next month. Big Cooper fan.  :)

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Joeynines

Scream Factory does a great job on this release, it's loaded with special features. The original title of this movie was "Halloween Party" but I prefer what it's now known as.....

Joe

Joeynines

Even though it had some real creepy parts and the director (M.N.S.) claims of having chosen his tightest cast ever, I still didn't care for the movie. I'm getting real sick of first camera/found footage type of movies, enough already.

Joe