Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Quote from: Gory Glenn on September 06, 2015, 03:14:22 AM
Now if they would only release this on Blu Ray. In this day and age this shouldn't even be an issue. I only have A&C meet Frankenstein and would like these others but I'm holding off unitl I'm sure there won't be a Blu Ray release. I don't feel like double dipping.

Unless they do restoration on them a Bluray release isn't worth it, it'll just be a higher price tag for the same thing we've gotten before.  Even if they do HD/restoration on them, a barebones dvd would be just as good as a Bluray (that would probably just have all the same special features we've seen before anyway).

A bunch of folks complained about the recent Universal collection that was released on dvd only but again only the main films (and Bride) were HD/restored (which those same HD prints were used for the dvd versions) so Bluray wouldn't have been beneficial anyway.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 07, 2015, 03:16:17 AM
Just rented it. Great action flick!

Got to check it out on the 3D tv a few weeks ago; and agree it was definitely a fun flick.  Lots of action.

zombiehorror

Picked up Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers-Producer's Cut Bluray ($7.50)and a 2 film dvd of The Ring/The Ring 2 ($5.00) from Walmart's Halloween film end cap.

marsattacks666

I just picked-up ( to my surprise)from Dollar Tree, 20 Million Miles to Earth.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 19, 2015, 12:36:40 AM
I just picked-up ( to my surprise)from Dollar Tree, 20 Million Miles to Earth.

I don't need that title, but I think a visit to Dollar Tree is in order. :)
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 19, 2015, 01:48:56 AM
I don't need that title, but I think a visit to Dollar Tree is in order. :)

I didn't either, but nice to have an extra copy.....plus for a dollar and tax.
Wow! I just thought of the price I paid for the DVD years ago. Around twenty dollars.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 19, 2015, 02:50:32 AM
Wow! I just thought of the price I paid for the DVD years ago.

Which version is it? The 1st DVD, or the colorized one, or some other?
CREATURE FAN

Mike...In 3-D!

Call Girl of Cthulhu, MurderDrome and The Editor all just found homes in my movie library.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 19, 2015, 03:21:13 AM
Which version is it? The 1st DVD, or the colorized one, or some other?

Two disc set.

Anton Phibes

House of the Long Shadows Blu ray. Kino Lorber. This is the first time I have ever been able to watch the film and actually see whats going on. Details are actually discernible! You can see a lot of stuff you have not been able to see in the crummy vhs release, the equally crummy made to order dv-r release, or even the British only dvd from a few years back.

if you like this film, and want to see it (and actually see whats happening) I recommend it. ;D

Considering I usually dont upgrade to blu unless theres a massive improvement made (or if the film has never had a proper release like Without Warning 1980)...take me at my ultimate cheapskate word. This one is worth it. 8)

But, if you hate the movie....move along. There's nothing for you to see here, folks. :angel: :'(

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Memphremagog

My latest buys:

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

geezer butler

Cool stuff Memphremagog.

City of the Dead great movie imo.

That Invisible Ghost cover is pretty rad too.

Memphremagog

Quote from: geezer butler on September 20, 2015, 08:08:53 PM
Cool stuff Memphremagog.

City of the Dead great movie imo.

That Invisible Ghost cover is pretty rad too.

Thanks, I was lucky to get that City Of the Dead restored edition on Ebay for only $5.  :)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."