NON-MONSTER FORUMS TO BE CLOSED AND REMOVED ON APRIL 27TH

Started by Toy Ranch, April 21, 2014, 09:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

BARON TIMOTHEUS BGG

HALLOOO UMA...
   Uh, Strangely, the "REPLY" Button is missing, in the LIMERICK Section!
SO:

"HELP... I need somebody,
HELP!... Not just anybody,
HELP!... You know I need Someone,"
... Who can fix the Problem!

Thanking you, in Advance, for Your Kindly HELP!
I Remain,
EXANIMO EVERNOW,
BARON TIMOTHEUS, B.G.G.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: BARON TIMOTHEUS BGG on April 28, 2014, 10:09:20 AM
HALLOOO UMA...
   Uh, Strangely, the "REPLY" Button is missing, in the LIMERICK Section!...

The "REPLY" Button is missing from quite a few threads.  I think the Moderators are deciding which of them will stay (what portions might be edited) and where they might be relocated.

The button is currently missing from the Name the Monster Movie thread as well.  Hope it comes back, and soon.
ADAM

Flower

Quote from: The Batman on April 28, 2014, 03:31:05 AM
Often once that people discover they enjoy each other, they like to discuss other things they have in common, to enjoy their connection & increase their contact with each other on other levels. They find other ways to enjoy their online friends.

I have to say that I've always enjoyed all your posts and images and totally agree with you too.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Flower

Quote from: BARON TIMOTHEUS BGG on April 28, 2014, 10:09:20 AM
HALLOOO UMA...
   Uh, Strangely, the "REPLY" Button is missing, in the LIMERICK Section!
SO:

"HELP... I need somebody,
HELP!... Not just anybody,
HELP!... You know I need Someone,"
... Who can fix the Problem!

Thanking you, in Advance, for Your Kindly HELP!
I Remain,
EXANIMO EVERNOW,
BARON TIMOTHEUS, B.G.G.

So sad!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Flower

I understand many of the issues, you lock one thread and the same person starts the thread again using a different title, etc ... I guess that there are too many issues to really get into but once again ... it's not up to me and it's a matter of time.

From the posts in this thread .. some members and all the mods thought that something was 'broken' and others didn't think that anything was 'broken' and a few thought that maybe something might be 'broken' .. a couple of members are totally confused and 'Like' both sides of this discussion.

It's begun .... either a new beginning or the beginning of the end, only time will tell.

Toy Ranch

The reply button issue should be fixed. Please let me know if you run into any threads where it is not.

jimm

Big fan of UMA since yahoo, though not of the yahoo groups format at all. I hope a few of you enjoyed me sharing my auto and sports collectibles thru my OT threads, but in honesty, I can post those elsewhere. I hope there will be a spot for Monsters in Cars stuff like Roth, Odd Rods, etc in the new UMA, as I'll always come here for my monster fix.

carbon

Quote from: Count_Zirock on April 28, 2014, 09:54:32 AM
Bingo! That's the one!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Unknown Primate's "King Kong vs. Frankenstein" thread has now been preserved in its entirety on the archive.org website, so even if it disappears completely from this forum you'll still be able to access it. You can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/KINGKVSFR

Also, bigbud's "Give Me a Gun or Somethin'! The Monster's At the Door!" thread, which has also been mentioned here, is archived at http://tinyurl.com/GMAGOS

jimm

jimm

Curious if the SciFi collectibles thread might be spared??

carbon

For some reason the url for the archived Kong vs. Frank thread I posted above is giving a 'Not Found' message. Try this one instead:

http://tinyurl.com/KKVSFRANK

Toy Ranch

While it's perfectly fine to archive stuff via the Wayback Machine, we have repeatedly said since the very beginning that monster content will be saved. Not every mention of a monster in a non-monster thread, but monster stuff is not going away.

Also, some other non-monster toys threads, and of course Nutty Mads, Roth, etc.  These questions have been asked and answered a number of times, and consistently we have said they will be saved.

You can find that thread in archived version with some of the artwork missing, or you can find it here, in complete state:
http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=21417.0

Toy Ranch

That said, I don't know if or when Photobucket might prune old accounts that haven't had any uploads, but it's entirely possible that they could remove UP's photobucket at some point, causing the images to disappear. 

As such, here is a link to Mark's bucket. Please go forth and save any images that they might delete.

http://s363.photobucket.com/user/TheUnknownPrimate/library/?sort=3&page=1

jimm

Quote from: jimm on April 28, 2014, 01:32:20 PM
Curious if the SciFi collectibles thread might be spared??

Ah I see it is in vintage monster toys now :)