Trashy Garish Over-The-Top Envelope Pushin' Monster Magazines!

Started by horrorhunter, January 13, 2014, 07:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Lester

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 14, 2018, 08:00:08 PM
Weird Mysteries #1 (March 1959, Pastime Publications) (1-Shot) Part 1 is posted at Monster Magazine World: https://monstermagazineworld.blogspot.com/

Cover by George Tuska. I never even heard of this one?!

I obtained the reprint last year and was underwhelmed to say the least. IMO a piss poor version of the Warren mags and yes I know this came out several years before Warren. I would just call it piss poor Picto-Fiction.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Wicked Lester on November 15, 2018, 11:46:31 AM
I obtained the reprint last year and was underwhelmed to say the least. IMO a piss poor version of the Warren mags and yes I know this came out several years before Warren. I would just call it piss poor Picto-Fiction.
It can be read for free on Monster Magazine World. Part 2 is up now.

I checked on eBay and sellers want $20+ for the reprint and around $200 for a mid-grade original. I'll pass. If I find an original cheap at some point I'll pick it up just because of it's place in monster mag history. Not interested in the reprint.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Here are pictures of Freddie Poe's magazine stand circa early 2020:

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monster Bob

Hi all
I just received a copy of Eerie Publication's COVERS- everyone of them in glorious color, in one book! I honestly don,t remember ordering, but it must be on Amazon.