"Scares That Care" Charity Horror Con: June 27-29, 2014

Started by Count_Zirock, November 02, 2013, 02:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

Scares That Care was at the March 2013 Mad Monster Party in Charlotte, NC. When MMP volunteer John Moore (of Hickory, NC) passed away suddenly this past May, Scares That Care stepped in and covered the cost of John's cremation, as he died without life insurance. This is a charity that helps many people, and networks through the horror fan community. They are great folks, and I hope you'll check out their convention page and attend, if possible. I will post more updates, as they become available. By the way, the hotel is already halfway booked!
~Count Zirock

Quote from: Joe RippleWith the approval of the Board Of Directors, I am pleased to announce that there will be a "Scares That Care! - Horror That Helps" Horror Convention. This convention will take place in June, of 2014. This is an all charity convention - the proceeds will benefit the families we choose to help! ("Scares That Care!" is an IRS approved, 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization.) www.scaresthatcareweekend.com

I want to let everyone know that we chose the middle of summer to avoid any conflicts with those shows that occur during the Spring and Fall. ANY convention that has supported "Scares That Care!," will be afforded a free vendor's table, and those promoters in attendance will be allowed to network with any celebrity we bring in for potential appearance at their own show.

We are extremely grateful for those shows that have allowed "Scares That Care!" to attend, so we can continue our mission of helping sick children, women fighting breast cancer, and those children with severe burn injuries. Our hope is that we can continue to work with them - their friendship and support is important to us.

We ask that you "Save The Date." And join us in fighting REAL monsters! June 27th-29th, 2014, Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Williamsburg, VA.

Folks - our first four guests! Please be sure to join us on our Facebook group page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScaresThatCareWeekend/

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

McDougals House of Horror

Wow, Christine is one sweet ride! The 50's cars all look so good
'cuz they have style, something missing in today's aerodynamic clones.

Quote from: Count_Zirock on November 06, 2013, 02:04:25 AM

"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Count_Zirock

"Scares That Care!" $5 Black Friday Donation Day

Today, 12:00am - 11:45pm

HELP THREE FAMILIES WHO ARE IN NEED OF OUR SUPPORT! (Scares That Care! is an IRS approved, 501 (c)(3) charity.) Donate $5.00 for a chance to win prizes! Let's be honest - shouldn't "Black Friday" be the END of childhood disease and illness?

Donate Via Paypal - scares_that_care(*at*)yahoo.com Checks and Money Orders also accepted - Please make payable to "Scares That Care!" You can also donate via phone - 1-855-666-2275!

Here's how it works. For every $5.00 donated, a number will be assigned. $5.00 would equal one number, $15.00 would equal three numbers, $25.00 would equal five numbers, and so on. At the end of the donation drive, we will select random numbers and contact those people to pick their prize!

During our first Friday the 13th Donation Day, we raised $2,200. During our Halloween event, we raised $1,220. Our Second Friday the 13th donation day netted $3,175. Our third Friday the 13th event brought in $7,260. Our Recent Friday the 13th Donation Day brought in $6,330.This all comes from our fans simply logging in and donating a minimum of $5.00. When we have the kind of support, together we can accomplish great things!

Please invite your friends! We are now able to accept credit cards as a form of payment!

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Joe RippleIf you have just joined us - ATTENTION! The hotel has opened up thirty (30) additional rooms for those who wish to come in on Thursday night! If you are going to call to reserve one of these rooms, be sure to use the group code "STC" when you call. The number is 1-800-222-8733. Any problems, let me know!

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Joe Ripple
At our very own convention June 27th-29th, 2014 - We're doing a live auction to help raise money for those in need. One of the items we will be auctioning off - This 8x10. Signed by someone named Bela Lugosi!

Adding to that auction, I'm proud to announce this signed 8x10, mounted and framed photo of "The Bride of Frankenstein" herself - Elsa Lanchester! This photo comes with a PSA DNA authentication!

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Ladies and gentlemen - In addition to "Christine" herself, we are pleased to be joined by "Buddy Repperton" - Mr. William Ostrander - at the "Scares That Care" Weekend Convention.

Count_Zirock