MPC Monsters Appreciation Thread

Started by horrorhunter, August 31, 2013, 03:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: Allhallowsday on September 01, 2013, 06:25:16 PM

Here's a pic of the four packages of two each.  The colors vary in these packs, between the original three colors: orange, yellow, purple.

Great stuff! The unopened packs are so tough.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Street Worm

Always a favorite. Still remember the day I got my Pop-Tops (all on one card, btw) at
the GEM Department Store on the Berlin Turnpike (Ct.) - Think I was 7  at the time...

Hepcat

I just think the sculpts on the Pop-Tops are magnificent!

cl:)

ChrisW

Nice photo of the skeleton. The skeleton's expression has a Harryhausen quality to it.

Frankenmarx

Those are actually pretty cool.  I may branch into those one of these days.  They remind me of some toy I had as a kid.

jimm

I'm a big fan of the Marx/Palmer/MPCs, who isn't??

Hepcat

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

jimm

That's a beaut'

horrorhunter

Quote from: jimm on September 15, 2013, 04:35:02 PM
That's a beaut'
TY jimm. I finally discovered how to crop photos. :laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

jimm

You can sharpen them a bit in your photo programs very easily too

Toy Ranch

Quote from: ChrisW on September 04, 2013, 10:56:32 AM
Great displays. I had the target set and always thought the figures - especially the exocutioner and death - were genuinely scary.
am I remembering correctly that the gun in the target set was essentially a blow mold, and you squeezed the sides to pop the ball out?

No, it's a hard plastic, spring action gun. I don't know how hard it shoots those balls though.  I wonder if it's hard enough to put a hard plastic or steel ball instead and do some damage?

Toy Ranch

There is also a Chess/Checkers set from MPC.  It is not great to display. The monsters are all red and black and it came with a set of regular checkers.   I am not sure, but that may be the only place the red monsters were available.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Toy Ranch on September 19, 2013, 10:15:49 PM
There is also a Chess/Checkers set from MPC.  It is not great to display. The monsters are all red and black and it came with a set of regular checkers.   I am not sure, but that may be the only place the red monsters were available.
I believe it was the only way to get the red MPC Weird Monsters. Bobby, do you have any pictures of the checker set packaging? I've never seen one. Those red MPC monsters are scarce, and I don't think anyone could repop them convincingly today.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Toy Ranch