You Axed For It - photos from the Freddie Poe collection.

Started by Gasport, April 08, 2013, 09:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilikemonsters

Hepcat

Here's a framed picture from the House of Poe of Al Feldstein and Johnny Craig of EC Comics in makeup:

And here's another framed photo from the House of Poe of an unidentified young fellow in the late spring of 1948 perusing the offerings at his local comic stand:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Buzzybean

Quote from: Hepcat on January 22, 2019, 05:54:49 PM
Freddie commissioned Jim Kaffenberger to paint up repros of a number of Basil Gogos' Famous Monsters of Filmland covers:

cl:)

Those are awesome!

Hepcat

Here's a still sealed pennant that Freddie's mother brought back for him from a vacation on Lake George:

:)

Hepcat

Here from Freddie's collection is a poster fmofmpls printed back in 2001 or so to promote the UMA Yahoo Group:

cl:)

Hepcat

In Freddie's own words:

Quote from: Freddie PoeThese are very rare and seldom seen images from my personal collection.

These are images in a Universal Motion Picture Herald, a ballyhoo teaser before the actual movie came out. I own a copy of that magazine 1935. Monsters From the Vault magazine did a Bride of Frankenstein issue and used these images as the title page of the article.

You'll see my name in the photo credits.

ededed

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on February 29, 2020, 06:07:37 PMFreddie has now filled his new magazine stand. Here are some pictures:

Freddie has over the past year filled in his new magazine stand. Here's how it looked more recently:

Quote from: Hepcat on February 29, 2020, 06:07:37 PMAnd here are a couple of pictures of the stand he already had:

He's also reshuffled the contents of his smaller magazine stand:

:)

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on December 31, 2018, 04:00:11 PMHere are pictures of the storied Ben Cooper Astro Spook Halloween costume from the collection of Freddie Poe:

Here are three more recent pictures of Freddie's costume:

8)

BigShadow

I'm absolutely drooling over this collection.  I've been trying to find a few favorites but it's like picking between water and air.  I need and want it all!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Hepcat

Yes, Freddie has a fabulous collection! The Astro Spook costume above is among my personal favourites from the stash he's accumulated over the last few decades.

8)

Hepcat

Freddie's daughter just had this painting commissioned for Freddie's birthday!

8)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Freddie just found this old magazine rack by the side of the road:

It proved ideal for displaying his collection of Amazing Stories magazines!

8)