You Axed For It - photos from the Freddie Poe collection.

Started by Gasport, April 08, 2013, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: freddie poe on February 17, 2014, 10:52:47 AMwhat a mess!! just when i thought i had this posting thing all figured out. can someone go back to page 10 and see if ALL the pix i posted r gone or just the costumes.......???

None of the pictures you posted on pages ten and eleven are showing up today. Did you move them or mess with them on ImageShack in any way?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on February 17, 2014, 01:49:14 PM
None of the pictures you posted on pages ten and eleven are showing up today.

Do you mean the ones I posted for Freddie, 'cause they are showing up now. My ImageShack kinda goes in and out.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

No. The pictures you posted were on pages two and three of this thread and they're coming up fine for me.

:)

horror1o1

It's all about the Horror.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on February 17, 2014, 07:15:05 PM
No. The pictures you posted were on pages two and three . .

Oops! I always forget that my pages run backwards.  :-[
CREATURE FAN

freddie poe

Sorry Bro's! i deleted the pix on 10 & 11.... someone outside the UMA told me to delete them to get more space.. i didnt know they would delete from this forum. its odd becasue they still show on my end??

freddie poe

Someone bought my fathers old house and i had to go there to take anything i wanted before it all went in the dumpster...I found some old 8mm monster movies Drac & The Mummys Ghost and a Skull Pez (no feet) my Aurora Model Motoring set from 1960 with 4 slot cars, a b/op Veiwmaster with the Universal Tour slides and the Harryhausen one Prehistoric Animals (I'm pretty sure they were R.H. rip offs) and bunch or Lionel Train Catologs. I remember there was an Aurora Frankenstein Glow Box filled with Non Sport trading cards, Spook Stories, the Jack Davis set, Monster Flip books and stuff like that, but it was no where to be found?? I told one of the workers there is a reward for whoever finds the box of cards.....oh well ....such is the life of a monster maven....

Mike Scott

Quote from: freddie poe on February 18, 2014, 11:14:56 AM
Sorry Bro's! i deleted the pix on 10 & 11.... someone outside the UMA told me to delete them to get more space.

They just link in from wherever you have them posted. If you're full up at one place, get another!  :) I use Photobucket and Imageshack.
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Quote from: freddie poe on February 18, 2014, 11:23:53 AMI found some old 8mm monster movies Drac & The Mummys Ghost and a Skull Pez (no feet) my Aurora Model Motoring set from 1960 with 4 slot cars, a b/op Veiwmaster with the Universal Tour slides and the Harryhausen one Prehistoric Animals (I'm pretty sure they were R.H. rip offs) and bunch or Lionel Train Catalogs.

Great haul!

Quote from: freddie poe on February 18, 2014, 11:23:53 AMI remember there was an Aurora Frankenstein Glow Box filled with Non Sport trading cards, Spook Stories, the Jack Davis set, Monster Flip books and stuff like that, but it was no where to be found?? I told one of the workers there is a reward for whoever finds the box of cards....

Well worth it! Hopefully the box is found and you find some Spook Stories stickers in it as well.

:)

freddie poe

One of the greatest Sci-fi memories of my life was hanging out with Ray Bradbury in Hollywood at the Egyptian Theatre shortly before he passed away. I said "Ray wanna see the real Illustrated Man?" so i took of my shirt and showed him my monster/sci-fi tattoo's.  Ray said " May God Bless you my son!"  i thought to myself. 'Now i can go to my grave..having been blessed by one of the greatedt sci-fi writers of our time.'    What a rush!!!!!!!! 

freddie poe

Darkside1

Freddie, did you stop by and see Mr Borst's Poster Museum!!

freddie poe

Jamie! Yes i did. I think its the best collection around. Despite the fact that alot of it was Forry's. I know that Kirk has alot of great posters but Ron's is in a class of its own. Its The Ackermansion on steroids!!

freddie poe

Funny thing... Ray and I were wearing the same color shirt!! LOL

Leeman13

Fantastic!!

Ray Bradbury was / is one of my idols.  Not only for his written work, but also for every interview he ever gave.  I loved his thoughts on life in general.  I also was a fan of all illustrated "comic" versions that were adapted from his works by EC back in the day, and others more recently.

Bradbury and Harryhousen are 2 people that I would have loved to have had the opportunity to meet and shake their hand / give them a hug / tell them how much I appreciated their work.
- Lee