You Axed For It - photos from the Freddie Poe collection.

Started by Gasport, April 08, 2013, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 23, 2014, 08:04:12 PM
This is a bath towel?!

Quote from: freddie poe on January 24, 2014, 08:58:35 AM
yes. sorry to say.... that is a towel (gives you something else to look for!)....the REST are movie posters......

Quote from: freddie poe on January 24, 2014, 12:51:20 PM
bought it at the brimfield antique show in the early 1980....i think i paid $15...

For anyone interested in this piece (well not Freddie's of course but one like it) I did a search and found these; Bride of Frankenstein Vintage Movie Poster Fabric Boris Karloff-Movie Poster by Wesco-Reltex 1982

$25 this one is a little rough around the edges~

http://www.etsy.com/listing/164911716/bride-of-frankenstein-vintage-movie?ref=related-0

Or $45 this one looks pretty pristine and it appears to be the fabric before it was sewn into a towel shape~

http://www.etsy.com/listing/165128003/bride-of-frankenstein-vintage-movie?ref=market

If I had some disposable cash I'd probably add one to the collection but......well we know how disposable cash is nowadays!   :D

freddie poe

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

freddie poe

freddie poe

freddie poe

freddie poe

freddie poe

freddie poe

freddie poe

horrorhunter

Have that brewski, you deserve it. Thanks for posting the monster goodies.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

freddie poe

Not a toy but ...I'm thinking of my buddy Ben Chapman The Creature From The Black Lagoon at this time of the month. Ben died Feb 21st 2008. Ben and i were real tight buddies. I helped him out at every Northeast Convention he attended. Here we are at Monster Bash the year before his death. Valentines Day in 2008 was the last time i talked to him.

freddie poe

freddie poe

Wolfman

Quote from: freddie poe on February 13, 2014, 12:37:04 PM

One of my regrets that I never met him, or got an autograph by him. Seemed like an awesome guy, plus he played the Creature, which is tough to top.

JP