Moebius Gigantic Frankenstein

Started by Dirtyhorse, March 15, 2013, 11:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirtyhorse

TheHoldingCoat

Nice! I had the original many many years ago.

lblambert

Great job! The black clothing is right for Frankie but on this kit it can be too much black so I especially like how you used the brown weathering.

fmofmpls

Nicely done! I too like the the brown hues on the clothing.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

horror1o1

Great stuff. I got mine half way built i need to find a spring and some zip ties i'm gonna try get those arms tight
It's all about the Horror.

McDougals House of Horror

That's the best paint job I've ever seen on one of these -- monstrously good Dirty one!!! ededed

Mr. McDougal
"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Monsters For Sale

VERY pretty.  I like it a LOT.

The lighter greys show off much more detail than the garish greens that are so often used.  The brown highlighting takes off the curse of so much unbroken black.

I know a lot of people hated to see these Moebius-issued Gigantic Frankenstein models, but I am glad that they were brought within the financial reach of so many more collectors and model enthusiasts.

Congatulations on having such a handsome fellow.
ADAM

Dirtyhorse

Thanks gents! Yes, this one seemed more involved than the smaller styrene kits with
more parts, for some reason. Lots of seaming. It feels like styrene city around here right now
as far as projects go. Got the Moebius Creature, Deluxe Dracula, Munster's House and the Pegasus Great White Shark dio going as well as several other resin pieces being prepped.
Will be doing about 6 or more, each, of the Creature/Dracula kits too. Again, appreciate the
comments.   

RedKing

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Mord

Amazing work, DH. How did you attach the arms so they won't be too loose?

Monolith

Quote from: TheHoldingCoat on March 15, 2013, 12:38:52 PM
Nice! I had the original many many years ago.

Dirtyhorse--- Great paint job, love it!

Holdingcoat--- I still have the left hand from your Gigantic Frankenstein with you original paint job on it. If I was passed down the rest of him I would still have it, but all I got was the hand. Here's a photo of it. Everything in this photo I've had since I was a kid.

Dirtyhorse

Mord, I just tied a basic sheepshank style knot using the supplied cord that came with the
kit so it drew up really secure/tight.

TheHoldingCoat

Thanks for posting that photo, Monolith. I have no memory of what happened to the rest of Big Frankie or how he got chopped down to just a hand. You can see a couple of cigarette burns near the wrist: I used it as an ashtray at one point. (What was I thinking?) That little yellow Gorgo looks really familiar; was that mine, too?

Monolith

Quote from: TheHoldingCoat on March 16, 2013, 05:23:12 PM
Thanks for posting that photo, Monolith. I have no memory of what happened to the rest of Big Frankie or how he got chopped down to just a hand. You can see a couple of cigarette burns near the wrist: I used it as an ashtray at one point. (What was I thinking?) That little yellow Gorgo looks really familiar; was that mine, too?

Yes, the Monster print frame and the yellow Palmer Gorgo and blue Palmer Kong were yours, too. I remember seeing
the Gigantic Frankenstein hand on your bureau next to some Weirdo's models palm-side up with cigarettes in it. That was a long, long time ago.