Fifty years of Doctor Who..

Started by Memphremagog, February 24, 2013, 03:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Pertwee

jimm

Wish they'd at least"free" up the previous seasons on demand again

Memphremagog

Quote from: WnewCreatureFeatures on May 25, 2016, 06:48:52 PM

never saw her in anything before , is she good?

She really hasnt been in anything of note before; I'll say this: from her "screen test" with Capaldi's Doctor that was released a month or so back, I'm not impressed. Her character is rather bland/boring/smug and she is far from attractive. If this was the best that the BBC could do after giving the show a year off, maybe it's time to give it another rest.  :P
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Count_Zirock

Filming on Series 10 begins today. The 2016 Christmas Special has already been completed. Besides new companion Bill (Pearl Mackie), Matt Lucas returns as a semi-regular in the role of Nardole, first introduced in the 2015 Christmas Special, "The Husbands of River Song."
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Memphremagog

Coming to BBC AMERICA on November 12th just in time for it's 50th anniversary...

The animated reconstruction of Patrick Troughton's first outing as the Doctor: THE POWER OF THE DALEKS

http://youtu.be/3Ib3IEIT0Yw

DARK SHADOWS:

John Pertwee

Not only do I get to meet the 5th Doctor Peter Davison this Friday, I get to act with him in a murder mystery dinner. The event is going to be in Wichita Ks this coming weekend.

John Pertwee

Power of the Daleks airs starting Saturday the 19th one episode a week.

The Doctor Who con was amazing. Peter didn't appear at the dinner mystery but Stephen Thorne was played Omega. His voice booming through the hall was spine chilling. Terry Molly played a pre wheel chair Davros. Caitlin Blackwood was Young Amy Pond. It was amazing.

Anneke Wills was the most incredible guest ever. I got to take her and Stephen to a local place called Cowtown the day before the event started. As we were leaving, a young fan saw my Doctor Who shirt that had the faces of all the Doctors. I told him that the woman standing next to me was in the show with the first two Doctors, and the man was in the show with the first four Doctors his mind was blown.
I drove Terry around the city the day before, and he was such a nice man. Our adventure consisted of going to the grocery store. The hugs from Anneke on the last day are just a memory now, but I can still feel them.

Peter sold out of his book early Saturday morning. He was a very nice man and had such great stories to tell. His book is full of surprises.

I will add more when I get back from work.

Memphremagog

Celebrating Fifty years of the Cybermen on the show:

THE TENTH PLANET(1966)

THE MOONBASE(1967)

TOMB OF THE CYBERMEN(1967)

THE WHEEL IN SPACE(1968)

THE INVASION(1968)

REVENGE OF THE CYBERMEN(1975)

EARTHSHOCK(1982)

THE FIVE DOCTORS(1983)

ATTACK OF THE CYBERMEN(1985)

SILVER NEMESIS(1988)

RISE OF THE CYBERMEN/THE AGE OF STEEL(2006)

ARMY OF GHOSTS/DOOMSDAY(2006)

THE NEXT DOCTOR(2008)

THE PANDORICA OPENS(2010)

A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR(2011)

CLOSING TIME(2011)

NIGHTMARE IN SILVER(2013)

TIME OF THE DOCTOR(2013)

DARK WATER/DEATH IN HEAVEN(2014)

and from the TORCHWOOD spin-off, season one episode CYBERWOMAN(2007)

DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

On sale now through BARNES & NOBLE:

POWER OF THE DALEKS

Wonderful release of Patrick Troughton's debut as the Doctor from 1966. This set has not one, but three versions of the story to view. The B&W animation version, a color animation version and the telesnaps version. The animation versions both have commentary from various cast & crew members of the story. Included is a documentary on the making of the story as well as surviving footage and production notes. This is an early release at Barnes & Noble and right now it's on sale for under $20.00. Well worth seeking out for fans of the series.
DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

According to press releases this week, Peter Capaldi is leaving the show after this upcoming season..his final appearance as the Doctor will be in the 2017 Christmas special.
DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

In the two part season finale, we are finally getting the return of the Mondasian Cybermen!

DARK SHADOWS:

Lazarus

While I'm not happy Capaldi is leaving already, and they skipped a damn year for him, I'm excited as all hell for this.

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS: