Count_Zirock

Merry Christmas from "Doctor Who"
https://youtu.be/WXCnNVOBKeo

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Count_Zirock

Nosferatu79

Would be a shame to lose him on the show. He is great, even when the script/story is not. I agree with a fan who said they hope Peter can at least try one more season after the current script guy leaves, so we can see Peter be Doctor Who with someone else doing the writing.

By the way, I really liked the 2015 special "The Husbands of River Song" and feel it beats every single episode of this 2015 season.

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

"Doctor Who": Doctor's Notes - premiering January 30th 9/8c on BBC America
https://youtu.be/nCTIAzdqlYs

Count_Zirock

What classic monsters would Peter like to see return to "Doctor Who"?
http://bbc.in/1ONREEi

Count_Zirock

Steven Moffat stands down and Chris Chibnall to take over

BBC announces Steven Moffat's next series of "Doctor Who" will be his last and confirms Chris Chibnall as new Head Writer and Executive Producer.

After six incredible series at the helm, the multi-award winning Steven Moffat has decided to step down as the lead writer and executive producer of "Doctor Who."

Memphremagog

Although he has had some wonderful stories during his time as producer, much of his reign has been peppered with convoluted mess storylines running throughout various seasons, some truly awful reoccurring characters such as the Paternoster gang, the ludicrous retooling of the Master as a woman and some pretty childish stories that some people played Emperor's new clothes with and tried to pass off as brilliant or genius when what they actually were was either nonsense or a total waste of 45 minutes.

I'm a bit apprehensive regarding Chris Chibnall taking over the series as his writing on the show has been pretty weak..at least Moffat when he wasnt producer, turned in some really memorable scripts during the Eccleston/Tennant runs. :o
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

John Pertwee

Before The Moff became the show runner, his episodes were stand outs or even down right instant classics.
Empty Child, Girl in the Fireplace, Blink. I could go on. As show runner, he did

With Chris, there is no such pattern. He doesn't even have one episode I would call incredible. His episodes just  tread water while waiting for the real story to kick off elsewhere. I am not excited about this at all. When you factor in that we will have to wait an entire year AGAIN I am disgusted by the whole situation. I hope Chris hires excellent writers and brings back a few more monsters from the classic series. Axos, The Spiders, Sil, Movellans. I think the Axons would fit in very well, and Sil was just too evil to leave in the past.

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Lazarus

I'm kind of bummed out that there's no season this year.  Can't we have an 8th Doctor one and done or something? 

Memphremagog

Quote from: Lazarus on January 31, 2016, 05:31:09 AM
I'm kind of bummed out that there's no season this year.  Can't we have an 8th Doctor one and done or something?

Yes, the only story we'll get is the X-Mas special for 2016...it is rather lame, all in all. :(
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Count_Zirock

Moffat's commitment to "Sherlock," and all that rubbish, I'm afraid. Yes, it's lame. At least it gives Capaldi a bit of a break, though. He has other projects he wants to work on, too. I believe there's several fan web series available to be checked out.
https://youtu.be/pX9Y7hi-FyI

Count_Zirock