TV on DVD What are you watching now?

Started by Wicked Lester, February 24, 2013, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haunted hearse

Watching "The New Addams Family" (Episode 6)"Grandpapa Addams Comes to Visit" with guest star John Astin.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Memphremagog

Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors(1967)
Star Trek: The Savage Curtain(1969)
Battlestar Galactica: Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down(2004)
The Outer Limits: The Sixth Finger(1963)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Lunkenstein

Still working through DARK SHADOWS. I forgot how creepy Quentin was! Loving it.
THE INVADERS - almost done.
Paul

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Doctor Who: Planet Of the Daleks(1973)
The Avengers: Man-Eater Of Surrey Green(1966)
The Outer Limits: Do Not Open Til Doomsday(1963)
Dark Shadows: Episodes 225-227(1967)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

geezer butler

Haven't watched much horror or sci-fi lately. For some reason I like to binge watch old wrestling videos once the semester ends. So far watched Wrestlemania I-V, the first two Survivor Series, first two Royal Rumbles, and the first Summer Slam.  :)

Mike Scott

Quote from: Lunkenstein on April 18, 2021, 07:36:06 PM
THE INVADERS - almost done.

Finished the 1st season (or 1/2 season). On to the 2nd! Such fun to see it, again!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

segeorge

Lovecraft Country.

First time seeing it and really enjoying it. Watched ep. 3 tonight.

Lunkenstein

Quote from: geezer butler on June 11, 2021, 10:33:59 PM
Haven't watched much horror or sci-fi lately. For some reason I like to binge watch old wrestling videos once the semester ends. So far watched Wrestlemania I-V, the first two Survivor Series, first two Royal Rumbles, and the first Summer Slam.  :)

Those were some fun wrestling events for sure.
Paul

marsattacks666

Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape(2011)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Lonesome Dove, 1989 - Herding some cattle from Texas to Montana.

Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones Diane Lane, Chris Cooper, Anjelica Huston and so many more fine actors.

This 6 hour, 4-part western mini-series stands as one of the best, most engaging horse operas of all time.  Being historically set, it has aged well over the last 30 plus years.  It has what seems like equal helpings of humor and heart-wrenching tragedy.

I love the movies that continue to amuse me over time.  But, I truly treasure the ones that can make me cry, even after repeated viewing.  Lonesome Dove never fails to do both.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Hiroshima: Out of the Ashes, 1990  -  Hiroshima as lived my some of its occupants during the week when the bomb was dropped.

Max Von Sydow, Mako, Pat Morita, John Fujioka, Tamlyn Tomita, Elizabeth Sung, Ben Wright and Judd Nelson.

Made for TV movie that played on August 6, 1990 - the anniversary of the actual bombing of Hiroshima.  Handles the problem of lower budget TV productions very well.  The special effects are well done.

Doesn't hammer you with military strategy or political opinions.  Just tells what the experience was like for a small group of people who were directly affected.  Lots of pain with a few small glimmers of hope.

It's unnerving to think that so many even more destructive bombs exist today and could visit similar destruction on a modern city.

I thought it was a worthwhile watch.

You can catch it on YouTube:   https://youtu.be/CDQVQqnxrfg
ADAM

marsattacks666

Lunkenstein

Still working through DARK SHADOWS on Tubi.

TAXI - got the complete series set and recently started watching. This was a great show I haven't seen in a long time.
THE OUTER LIMITS ('90s series) - got the complete set of these too and have been enjoying them. I'd seen quite a few before, but also missed a lot.  A lot of episodes are really good and some just average, but always worth watching.
Paul

segeorge

For Friday the 13th, I watched 3 episodes of Friday the 13th: the Series. The 8th episodes of each season (because August):
Shadow Boxer from Season 1, Read My Lips from Season 2, and Night Prey, from Season 3. A pretty strong triple feature.

And what better beer to go with Friday the 13th than Mispillion River's Not Today Satan (from Milford, Delaware).