Mord

McDougals House of Horror

284 episodes of the one and only original Hawaii Five-0

"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

CreepysFan

" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

horrorhunter

Thriller (1960-1962)

Starring Boris Karloff. A pleasure to watch.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Street Worm

Taken 2002 Sci-Fi Channel mini series- great stuff! :D

& I've got four episodes left for The X-Files: Season Six, then it's off to S-7...

Mord

Wicked Lester

87th Precinct. One of the better detective/crime shows of the early 60's. This could have gone on for the long haul. Something about the main writer going to another channel ended it too soon.

Howler

I picked up season 3 of Game of Thrones yesterday. I will most likely start watching it tomorrow night after I get home from work.
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Monsters For Sale

BBC TV "The Day of the Triffids" broadcast as two 90-minute parts in 2009.

The digital effects are VERY good (and I usually hate digital twiddling), but they spoiled the original simple plot by trying to make it more relevant to today.  They made the plants a product of genetic engineering designed to produce a pollution-free source of oil, that has the reversing climate warming.

Silly plot elements that did not improve the plot at all - and were introduced and then pretty much ignored as far as driving the story.

Overlong, but a lot better than anything the SyFy channel gives us.
ADAM

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 24, 2014, 03:20:16 AM
BBC TV "The Day of the Triffids" broadcast as two 90-minute parts in 2009.

Overlong, but a lot better than anything the SyFy channel gives us.
Like that's difficult to do? Even as atrocious as it was, NBC's "Dracula" was better than anything on Syfy's Saturday Night Crapfest!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Mord

Rewatching season 1 of "Bates Motel" with my girlfriend (who hasn't seen it yet). All ten episodes are free on A&E on Demand (check your cable menu). Vera Farmiga is absolutely lovely.

McDougals House of Horror

The original Outer Limits -- what a classic show. Only lasted a year and a half in '63-'65 (49 episodes), but lots of great episodes, all with scary "bears" as they called the creatures. Some of those things truly terrified me when I watched the show at age 9. Per Wiki, "In the first year the series earned a very loyal cult audience so devoted some were reported to actually take a TV set with them if they had to be out of their home so they would not miss the episode (this was in the days before DVRs & other recording devices). However the series fared rather poorly in the Nielsen ratings after moving from Monday Night to Saturday Night going against Jackie Gleason at the start of the 2nd season. This was the main reason that producer Joseph Stefano chose to leave the show after the first year because he realized that competing against the more popular Gleason Show would kill his show (as reflected in its cancellation after only 1 and 1/2 seasons) in comparison to the more popular Twilight Zone series. However, the series retained a cult following for many years after its original broadcast. Many decades later, revered horror writer Stephen King called it 'the best program of its type ever to run on network TV.'"

"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Mord

horrorhunter

And...uh...there was lotsa monsters...and stuff!   :)

Seriously, I don't think you would find a single UMAite who would disagree, Mr. McD.

Well, maybe zombiehorror might twist it into an argument, but I believe everyone else is on board.  :laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

RedKing

Finished watching the Honeymooners classic 39 episodes tonight. God I love this show so much. Hilarious and touching. Gleason was such a great actor and comedian, and Art Carney and Audrey meadows were fantastic too. I just wish I could afford the Lost Episodes box set as well as the color 60s and 70s episodes and specials.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!