Dr. Deadly's Monster Scenes

Started by BlackLagoon, January 27, 2013, 12:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

AP - That's a great story! Yep, for all the bellyaching he endures, Scott and Monarch have always put the kitbuilder/collector first, with interesting subjects, dynamic sculpts, cool colored styrene, even color instrux.

Hepcat

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 18, 2013, 04:29:08 PM
Wowzers. I am going to have something major in this line being added to my collection soon. Major to me anyway. If you arent a fan, then you won't be thrilled. But I love Monster Scenes...so it's big news to me.

I will continue to support Monarch in their future endeavors (which, according to Scott, will include these re-releases eventually). I will share pics once the kits arrive, and I paint them up.

Wow! Great story. Yay for Monarch!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Anton Phibes

I am so happy I am gonna go do the yardwork the wife has been after me to get done,lol. :angel: ;D

Count_Zirock

You lucky bastitch!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Anton Phibes

MOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They're heeeeeere!!!! Molded in the same metallic burgundy plastic Nosferatu is molded in. Stamped "Monarch Models 2008" on the bottom of the bases.

I am very happy. I  will post more photos as they get built and painted.

Anton Phibes

Built. Now to finesse(putty, sand primer), and then paint. Prolly gonna take a break for awhile before painting. But at long last, thanks to Scott McKillop at Monarch, I have these versions of Dracula and Jekyll/Hyde.

Count_Zirock

I hate you so much right now! :'(
Gaaahhh!!! These must come out!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Count_Zirock on June 22, 2013, 01:57:54 AM
I hate you so much right now! :'(
Gaaahhh!!! These must come out!

Hate bad---friend good. But I know what you're sayin'. :angel: They do have to get a commercial release. Another point is---you can interchange the lower halves. So Hyde can make use of Dracula's "crapping" legs, and Dracula can switch to the standing legs if so desired.

I have the monsters of the Movies version, but I never had these. Until now. Thanks to Scott McKillop!!!!!

Count (and anyone else)---Let Scott know there is an interest in seeing these get a release thru Monarch. Maybe once Gorgo gets released, he will re-visit the idea. Here's the proposed artwork for the box (lower rez, but hey---here it is.)

Count_Zirock

If anyone but me had to get them, at least I know they're in the damn, stinking paws of someone who will love them and hug them and pet them and squeeze them as much as me! 8)

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Count_Zirock on June 22, 2013, 03:22:32 AM
If anyone but me had to get them, at least I know they're in the damn, stinking paws of someone who will love them and hug them and pet them and squeeze them as much as me! 8)

You know it bro. They look keen in front of Dencomm's reproduction boxes.

I have it on good authority that Blue Sky helper is going to make a Wolfman in Monster Scenes scale soon out of resin. Between the Sceners kits, The Animal Pit and Dungeon coming from dencomm, and rumors of many more---its a good time to be a Monster scenes fan. I am actually scared to paint these,lol. :o. May leave them raw for awhile until I "man up",lol. :angel:

Count_Zirock

You need to pick up another Victim for Drac to put the bite on! Since these were intended as glow-in-the-dark kits, pick up some glowing paint for them. I've seen it used quite convincingly by other model builders.

jimm

What a great score!

Anton Phibes

Behold Monarch Monster Scenes painted Mr. Hyde. Still working on Dracula. Gonna be a while. :angel:. I went with a black suit to keep his and Drac's parts interchangable. Mod green colors for the rest of hsi outfit. Hope you like.

Hepcat

Cool! Mr. Hyde proudly displaying his Irish roots!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Count_Zirock

How did the Dr. Jekyll head turn out?