Dr. Deadly's Monster Scenes

Started by BlackLagoon, January 27, 2013, 12:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 29, 2013, 04:57:40 PMThanks Count, propman, Hepcat. Now you can see why I seriously want the Animal Pit and the Dungeon to get released already!! >:D >:D
Do you have the Bride of Dracula and Scream Queen kits by Molemento Pete? Those have been re-released, too. Along with the Monsters of the Movies Invisible Man.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Count_Zirock on March 29, 2013, 07:00:25 PM
Do you have the Bride of Dracula and Scream Queen kits by Molemento Pete? Those have been re-released, too. Along with the Monsters of the Movies Invisible Man.

I saw those. They are tempting. But I try to keep my "rule" with Monster Scenes to styrene plastic for the most part. But we will see how long I hold out. My guess is--if I had the cash to buy them right now, I would already have them. I would make a horrible Green lantern. :laugh:

Hepcat

The power of the will, or lack thereof in this case....

;D
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

You know it would be cool to mix some of the Prehistoric Scenes figures into a Monster Scenes diorama. Vampirella could be leading a Sabre Tooth after the Victim! Or Dr. Deadly could have a caged Pterodactyl to unleash or a Cro-Magnon Man for experimental purposes.

;)

CreepyJeff

Here's a pic of the Monster Scene Display I recently picked up from a good monster friend.  I had fun putting this together!
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Hepcat

Type3Toys

marsattacks666

Quote from: CreepyJeff on April 07, 2013, 06:07:11 PM
Here's a pic of the Monster Scene Display I recently picked up from a good monster friend.  I had fun putting this together!

Oh. man!! That is quite wonderful. ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 27, 2013, 12:35:38 PM
I have plenty of room in my collection for Monster Scenes. Snap together, glue together, or rubber band together. :angel: ;)

Anton, you got some SKILLZ brother!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

Quote from: CreepyJeff on April 07, 2013, 06:07:11 PM

Wow, so cool!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Scatter on May 04, 2013, 11:52:40 AM
Anton, you got some SKILLZ brother!!

Thanks bro. I will be updating this picture before too much longer with some new additions. 8)

Count_Zirock

Know what I'd love to see? A Monster Scenes "Cthulhu" styrene kit! Have it at about the size of the old Prehistoric Scenes T. Rex kit. That would just be so wild!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Hepcat

I'd like to see someone assemble a diorama combining the Prehistoric Scenes with the Monster Scenes.

cl:)

Anton Phibes

Wowzers. I am going to have something major in this line being added to my collection soon. Major to me anyway. If you arent a fan, then you won't be thrilled. But I love Monster Scenes...so it's big news to me.

As most of us know, the Canadian issues of these kits included the Giant Insect, Dracula, and Jekyll/Hyde. Moebius re-released the Insect 40 years later worldwide. But Dracula and Mr. Hyde only saw release as re-tooled  "Monsters of the Movies." Sans the small bases and interchangeable arms and legs for Dracula.

Monarch has plans to re-release Dracula and Hyde. It was announced before the owner, Scott Mckillop, had to focus his energies on his vocation as a medical professional. As a result, the side business of Monarch had to take a back seat for awhile. The next kit in the pipeline from them is going to be Gorgo. So the Monster Scenes kits have to go to the back burner for awhile until Gorgo is released. It seemed as if the MS versions of these monsters were going to continue to elude me. The originals are as rare as hen's teeth and out of my price range. Monarch was my last chance of getting these guys.

I had heard rumors of them being cancelled altogether. This rumor being due to Dynacomm ( the trademark holder)'s interest in producing their own kits with the release of the Dungeon and Animal Pit, and the additions of Feral Cat and a new rabbit and skeleton. So, rumors abounded that Dynacomm no longer wished to "lease out" the name of Monster Scenes to Moebius, Monarch, Molemento, or anyone else. Any future releases of Monster Scenes kits were to come from Dynacomm only. 

I emailed Scott directly to inquire if these guys would see production, or if the rumors were true. What with everything that seemed to be preventing their release, I decided to ask Monarch directly.

On and off since 2008, I have regularly asked him about these, and may have made a bit of a nuisance of myself, lol. But good things come to those who wait.
I made an inquiry about the possiblility of purchasing any spare test shots he may have.
He asked for my address, and to make a long story longer-- by this weekend I should have a set of test shots. One of the few he had. He asked me for nothing in return. In addition, I have also been mailed a massive pdf file of the proposed box art original oil painting. Scott McKillop is the man. What else can I say?

So---after all these years of no American release---I am finally going to have a MS version Dracula and Hyde, courtesy of a really great fella. I realize Monarch has had its share of delays, and as spolied fanboys, we sometimes cry about stuff not coming out fast enough. But for Scott to make this gesture of kindness to a guy he only met once at a Wonderfest---it speaks volumes of his commitment to fans of his kits.

I will continue to support Monarch in their future endeavors (which, according to Scott, will include these re-releases eventually). I will share pics once the kits arrive, and I paint them up. In the meantime, here is a preview: