Dr. Deadly's Monster Scenes

Started by BlackLagoon, January 27, 2013, 12:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

propman

Thank you Sir!!! I admit that it's not the greatest sculpt, but if you work it right it comes out pretty good!!!!!!

"D" ;)

Dr. Madd

That gives me an idea. Dr. Madd's Cooking scenes. Any ideas?
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

Hepcat

Quote from: propman on February 18, 2013, 03:59:46 AM
Thank you Sir!!! I admit that it's not the greatest sculpt, but if you work it right it comes out pretty good!!!!!!

You did a great job with what you were given, but her face, hips and thighs are still just blecchhh!

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

propman

I just try to think of it that Aurora was dealing with a kid's toy. Vampi is a very sexy character but how are you going to market that to a kid without the parents getting upset? Remember that there was a big uproar when these kits came out because parents felt that they were too graphic back them. No, it is not the best representation of the character. But I think Aurora did what they had to do and it is up to the artist to make her look as good as they can. Just my thoughts on the matter.

"D" ;)

jimm

If they continue to add to the series a new Vampi sculpt should be on the list.

Count_Zirock

Dynamite Comics owns Vampirella now. If Denncom can work out a licensing deal for an updated sculpt in the new line, that'd be great. They authorized the Moebius re-issue, after all.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Anton Phibes

ANIMAL PIT AND DUNGEON. ANIMAL PIT AND DUNGEON. ANIMAL PIT AND DUNGEON. Test shots were previewed 2 years ago this month. Still no models. Need those first! ;D

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 20, 2013, 04:20:12 AMANIMAL PIT AND DUNGEON. ANIMAL PIT AND DUNGEON. ANIMAL PIT AND DUNGEON. Test shots were previewed 2 years ago this month. Still no models. Need those first! ;D
I believe resin versions were sold. But, yes, now we need the styrene kits. Of course, we still need the new & improved Dr. Deadly, himself!

BijouBob8mm

Fantastic (fangtastic?) job on that Vampi kit, propman; you've really taken a so-so sculpt and made it come alive with that paint job!

obantox

Love these kits, nice brush work on the vampy, we could do with a hero for the series,
just picked up the 1/13 scale bride of drac and scream queen to go with the rest of the m/s kits

propman

Thanks guys for the kind words about the paint job on Vampirella!!! I never found it to be that bad of a sculpt. Remember, these were made for kids to play with so they couldn't go too sexy with her. Here is the rest of my Monster Scenes kits. All are original Auroras except for my Dr. Deadly (he's resin). I also didn't repaint my Victim because I believe she is a factory paint job. Hope you like them.

"D" ;)

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/propman1/007-1_zps0a9e018e.jpg[/img]]

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/propman1/008-1_zps8b023082.jpg[/img]]

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/propman1/009-1_zps150c6d76.jpg[/img]]

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/propman1/010-1_zps42cdeaab.jpg[/img]]

horrorhunter

Those are beautiful, propman. I've always liked that Vampi kit. I know it is sculpted to be a little clunky and wonky, but I think that's part of the charm (kinda like Palmer monsters). Like you say, they couldn't go too sexy with kiddie toys those days. Hell, they still got hit with a crapstorm from the "enraged parents with empty heads" groups that were descending on Aurora like a torch wielding mob from a UniMon flick over those Monster Scenes kits. Now if you want to see a sexy Vampi check out those action figures from Clayburn Moore from a few years ago. They aren't model kits, but they smoke with the sexy. Especially that variant where she is turned backwards in the blister card. Hubba,Hubba.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

The Batman

'Love seeing these again. 'Nice work. I remember seeing them for sale in the 70's when I was too young to afford 'em. 'Amazing they are still around!  8)

Count_Zirock

Quote from: obantox on March 25, 2013, 07:46:48 PMjust picked up the 1/13 scale bride of drac and scream queen to go with the rest of the m/s kits.
I'll be ordering those next week.

Hepcat

Quote from: propman on February 18, 2013, 05:58:54 AMI just try to think of it that Aurora was dealing with a kid's toy. Vampi is a very sexy character but how are you going to market that to a kid without the parents getting upset?

Quote from: propman on March 25, 2013, 11:29:39 PMThanks guys for the kind words about the paint job on Vampirella!!! I never found it to be that bad of a sculpt. Remember, these were made for kids to play with so they couldn't go too sexy with her.

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 26, 2013, 01:04:43 AMLike you say, they couldn't go too sexy with kiddie toys those days. Hell, they still got hit with a crapstorm from the "enraged parents with empty heads" groups that were descending on Aurora like a torch wielding mob from a UniMon flick over those Monster Scenes kits.

I've always found that kind of thinking by parents and certain other elements of society to be so sick as to be incomprehensible. Scenes of torture and gore are alright for kids, but heaven forbid that there be anything too sexy! Thinking so wrong that it's mind boggling.

::)
Collecting! It's what I do!