Started by 1975, January 18, 2013, 09:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

I never knew that Mego produced a Dracula figure... wow cool
"Traveler of both time and space..."

monsterphile

Quote from: Paladin on January 18, 2013, 09:23:18 AM
I never knew that Mego produced a Dracula figure... wow cool

The auction is for the AHI Dracula.  The Mego Dracula looked different.  Here's a pic of the 4 Mego monsters (photo from the Mego Museum):

Rob

marsattacks666

Oh! The " elusive " AHI Dracula in the box. I've only heard rumors that a AHI Dracula existed in a box. But......I will just bet that its a fair price?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Dr.Terror

UK only, only one or so  known to exist,   I'd say it's a fair price.    I like the nice big pic, good enough to make a repro box with.     Thats the only reason folks wanted this in the first place is the box.   The figure is exactly the same.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

poseablemonster

Yes, this a very rare item.  There are several know to exist, and they rarely come up for sale.  You never know what they will command price-wise.  It's true, just the box is unique.  The figure inside is exactly the same as the common, red bodied AHI Dracula.  You're buying the box.

fmofmpls

Quote from: Dr.Terror on January 18, 2013, 06:12:46 PM
I like the nice big pic, good enough to make a repro box with.   

Yes. I'm in.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Toy Ranch

I would not be surprised to see it hit $5k, but it won't be me buying it!

poseablemonster

Type3Toys

This is one of those things I must amire from afar. Most of the Vintage stuff I have is loose. But man, if the box art on that Dracula(and the mego stuff also in this thread) just down right amazing! It is funny how cool box art can draw a person in like that cartoon "smoke hand" that appears under Yogi's chin and floats him off to the picnic basket.

Wow, it ended with a bang!

John Pertwee

I wonder if the seller had any idea he would get $1,913 for this, and over $400 for his Mego Mummy.

marsattacks666

Quote from: John Pertwee on January 28, 2013, 09:46:22 AM
I wonder if the seller had any idea he would get $1,913 for this, and over $400 for his Mego Mummy.

Probably not? But here's the thing. I still question the authenticity of the box. Was the box itself really rare?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Toy Ranch

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 28, 2013, 09:53:07 AM

Probably not? But here's the thing. I still question the authenticity of the box. Was the box itself really rare?

What about it do you question?

mjaycox

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 28, 2013, 09:53:07 AM

He actually probably thought he'd get MORE. The box is as authentic as authentic comes. It couldn't be more so, save for knowing which UK distributor commisioned it this way.

It is rare as hen's teeth, and, if it must be known, walks in beauty like the night.

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes