Planet of the Apes Collectors go APE

Started by hhwolfman, September 21, 2008, 09:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasport

JEEZ...You'd think that's more like what the original prop from the movie would be selling for!

raycastile

I wonder what a Planet of the Apes hypodermic needle would sell for.
Raymond Castile

Monster Bob

Most original POTA movie prop guns, costumes and props don't go for that much! Exceptions being "lead" costumes...

Roback

Not much to add other than wow! That's the first time that I ever heard of this item. I've never seen it in any toy mag or price guide. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I love learning new stuff.
Robert Acquarulo

hhwolfman

Father Yog

There may be some crossover appeal to cap gun collectors as well.  The non POTA Fanner 50 by Mattel is collectible in it's own right.....

But, there is some crazy rare POTA merchandise out there that you just never see.....

hhwolfman

I don't know who this is, but he is one lucky kid. He has the Rifle and Mask , which came together. Look in the back ground, what do you see.

It is from this site.

http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/wgtBlog/category/vintage-toy-photos/

josie monster

Isn't that Capt.Marvel proped up on the TV?

hhwolfman

Quote from: josie monster on September 22, 2008, 03:55:35 AM
Isn't that Capt.Marvel proped up on the TV?

Yes but that is a Mad Monster Castle box and castle in the back.  :)

chrisnurse

You can't kill the Boogeyman

Roback

I'll say he's one lucky kid. He's got good taste in toys too. That Monster Castle has always been a favorite of mine and with some monsters peppered in front, well, it's hard to top. Thanks for sharing that pic and yea, Frankys having a bad day. :P

Robert Acquarulo

Monsterkid71

That castle is too cool!!!

I love the pic with the kid too. Reminds me of me when I was a youngin'.

Toy Ranch

That might have been a cap gun collector.

hhwolfman

True , The Mattel Cap gun Collectors have no limits.  :o