Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisnurse

Great haul Andy. I really dig those toppers, I had a very similar Mummy and Frank when I was a kid - they were a kinda waxy hard plastic material, don't know what ever happened to them....

Love that chained monster also!
You can't kill the Boogeyman

poseablemonster

Quote from: chrisnurse on May 04, 2009, 01:20:58 PM
Great haul Andy. I really dig those toppers, I had a very similar Mummy and Frank when I was a kid - they were a kinda waxy hard plastic material, don't know what ever happened to them....

Love that chained monster also!

These charms are a dense rubber material, not really functional as an eraser, but they have a hole in the back to be placed on a pencil. 

I love the chained monsters, too.  I think the Drac and Wolfman are Monster Squad likenesses with the crazy utility belts.

hammett1

Simply outstanding haul.  Thank you kindly for sharing.  Especially like the PEZ.  Nice find.  David
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

chrisnurse

This week I got a nice haul of charms

And a Pop Up Frankenstein. I've still got the Frankie from childhood, but I forgot how cool the castle was and managed to grab this on ebay....

monsterphile

I actually got these back on Easter, but have just gotten around to photographing them now.  My wife Diane went to the Philippines to visit with her family and I gave her 3 shirts with pictures and asked her to get them airbrushed for me.  If I had known how great they were going to turn out, I probably would have sent more.  The last shirt is not an airbrush, but rather some fabric that I had gotten years ago and finally had made into a button shirt.    Rob

and a close of the fabric pattern...

the_woolfman

Rob - Those are incredible! I really like the detail on the Terminator.

typhooforme

Very very fine work on those, Rob!  Those airbrush artists know their way around a compressor!  And the button shirt--how cool is that!?  Reminds me so much of Elder's work in comics I treasured as a kid.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

michblk

Neat Rob, those are really cool!

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

poseablemonster

Chris, great score on the pop-up frankenstein game.  I have wanted one of those for a long time!

chrisnurse

Quote from: poseablemonster on May 06, 2009, 12:44:15 PM
Chris, great score on the pop-up frankenstein game.  I have wanted one of those for a long time!
I'll keep an eye out for more, this is the first one I've seen crop up on ebay. I've been after one for a while, all I've got left from my childhood set is the Frank and I painted him lurid colours as a nipper! :-[

hammett1

Rob, those are fantastic.  I especially like the FRANKENSTEIN.  Very nice.  Thank you for sharing.  David
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

Bogey

Quote from: chrisnurse on May 05, 2009, 06:48:17 PM
This week I got a nice haul of charms

If you get enough of those Chris, you could pop them into an old gumball machine. 

MadCow

Monster sighting at Dollar Tree!!!  ;D

I just pick up a set of 5 Monster Thumb Wrestlers (Frank, Drac, Wolfie, Mummy and Kong).

They are in the same movie poster packaging as the mini-PVC figures and taken from the same molds only larger and holding clubs. 

I'd snap a pic but I left my phone at home. I'll try and get one on this weekend if anyone's interested...

Toy Ranch

I saw all of the figures and thumb wrestlers at Dollar Tree the other day.  They had a big rack of them.

raycastile

I've been buying a lot of 1979 Alien stuff the last few months to put in the UMA Display at Wonderfest.  The show has an Alien theme in tribute to the film's 30th anniversary.  This is probably the most significant Alien collectible I bought recently.  The HG Toys Chase Target Set.  This sucker is BIG.  And the graphics are really cool.  I was impressed when I received it.  Much cooler than I expected. 

I remember this and the other HG Toys from my childhood.  Until the last couple months, I hadn't seen any of this stuff in person since the summer of 1979, when I was standing in a Kmart toy aisle, marveling at all the Alien junk.  This stuff was out before the big Kenner action figure, which I received for Christmas.  The HG merchandise is how I found out what the Alien looked like.  I didn't actually see the movie until 1980, when it played at a second-run theater.  It took me nearly a year to convince my dad to take me to see my first R-rated film.

I should have shown him these grinning kids having good natured Alien fun.  You see, it's just a wholesome monster romp.  Nothing to worry about.

Raymond Castile