Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: AndyFish on May 17, 2021, 02:00:55 PM

Nice little haul from the 3x annual Brimfield Ma Flea Market-- it was a substantially smaller show-- normally there are about 10 miles of dealers setup, this time there was only one field with about 300 vendors in it, so really less than 1% of what the true show runs but one of the dealers told me they were shocked by the crowds and on day two they had already broken their all time sales record, so there was demand for the show to resume after taking last year off.

Ironically, the jiggly Frankenstein was one of the first things I ever spotted at Brimfield when I started going 30 years (!) ago, and I passed because it was too pricey.  This one is in great shape, might have been repainted but I didn't care, I got it for a fraction of the price of the one so many years ago.

The vintage Halloween stuff was really cool too.   Looking forward to the show in July when the other dealers are claiming they'll attend.   Love getting the walk in-- usually we do 10 miles a day.

LOVE that Halloween Rustlers bag!
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

marsattacks666

Quote from: AndyFish on May 17, 2021, 02:00:55 PM

Nice little haul from the 3x annual Brimfield Ma Flea Market-- it was a substantially smaller show-- normally there are about 10 miles of dealers setup, this time there was only one field with about 300 vendors in it, so really less than 1% of what the true show runs but one of the dealers told me they were shocked by the crowds and on day two they had already broken their all time sales record, so there was demand for the show to resume after taking last year off.

Ironically, the jiggly Frankenstein was one of the first things I ever spotted at Brimfield when I started going 30 years (!) ago, and I passed because it was too pricey.  This one is in great shape, might have been repainted but I didn't care, I got it for a fraction of the price of the one so many years ago.

The vintage Halloween stuff was really cool too.   Looking forward to the show in July when the other dealers are claiming they'll attend.   Love getting the walk in-- usually we do 10 miles a day.

Super awesome.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Quote from: geezer butler on April 11, 2021, 09:55:03 PM

2021-04-11_03-37-02 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Cool! The Monster Times is really tough to collect in nice shape because it doesn't even have a glossy cover surrounding the pulp pages.

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on May 17, 2021, 02:45:34 PMLOVE that Halloween Rustlers bag!

Oh yeah, that is boss!

Has anyone seen any paper Halloween treat bags similar to the one above being marketed in recent years? It seems to me that all the ones produced these days are cellophane.

???

Quote from: AndyFish on May 17, 2021, 02:00:55 PMNice little haul from the 3x annual Brimfield Ma Flea Market-- it was a substantially smaller show-- normally there are about 10 miles of dealers setup, this time there was only one field with about 300 vendors in it, so really less than 1% of what the true show runs but one of the dealers told me they were shocked by the crowds and on day two they had already broken their all time sales record, so there was demand for the show to resume after taking last year off.

Did you run into Freddie Poe?

???

John Pertwee

I recently found these Supernatural Stories magazines. They started being published in 1954, and came out bi monthly.
The covers are amazing.

Mike Scott

Quote from: John Pertwee on June 05, 2021, 04:10:49 PM
I recently found these Supernatural Stories magazines.

Those are great! Did you buy them in one big batch?  I like the Chaney Mummy and the "Man of 1K Faces" covers!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

John Pertwee

I had a few for years but found 90% of them a few days ago.

They are an interesting series. R.L. Fanthorpe wrote a ton of these and did it at an amazing pace. So fast, that some characters die o=in one chapter and show up two chapters later because he wrote them as dictation and had them transcribed. The cover was chosen and then the story was very loosely based on it. 

John Pertwee

The Creature From the Black Lagoon rip off cover is cool as well.

Hepcat

Quote from: John Pertwee on June 05, 2021, 04:10:49 PMI recently found these Supernatural Stories magazines. They started being published in 1954, and came out biweekly.

Ahhhhh, from the days when the literacy rate was higher because people actually read rather than just watching the idiot box.

;)

zombiehorror

A pop art Universal Monster shirt from Kohl's. Picked it up because of the depiction of Karloff from Bride of Frankenstein which I rarely see on shirts, unless he's with the Bride.

Mike Scott

Andy Warhol's "Frankenstein".   :)
CREATURE FAN

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: John Pertwee on June 05, 2021, 05:54:01 PM
The Creature From the Black Lagoon rip off cover is cool as well.

VERY cool. I was completely unfamiliar with it. Thank you!

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on June 05, 2021, 10:42:52 PM
VERY cool. I was completely unfamiliar with it.

Here's a better pic. He looks like he has fur, or feathers?

CREATURE FAN

AndyFish

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 05, 2021, 05:24:32 PM
Those are great! Did you buy them in one big batch?  I like the Chaney Mummy and the "Man of 1K Faces" covers!

Wow!

BRICK

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 05, 2021, 08:19:50 PM
Andy Warhol's "Frankenstein".   :)

A number of years ago, I made a poster with the same premise:

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.