Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

Macau is an island next to Hong Kong.

jimm

A friend of mine had a huge collection of vintage labels since he "provided" good fireworks for all of us. Lost it when he got popped for it. Guess it was considered part of the contraband  :'(

The Phantom Creep

Roback, awesome collection of labels!

There have been other monster firework labels over the years. A lot of this stuff ends up being regional. I remember hearing of a friend buying one with a creature on it but not buying any extras. I bought this one this year. It's not very impressive, but does anyone out there recognize that red head on the right? I'm sure you do....

What a weird random image to use! The last photo shows how on each side one of the heads is cutout with a clear red foil background.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

gracebuster

Say, Shawn, do you remove the fireworks from there before you place that little explosive package next ot your IRREPLACEABLE collection?

;D

The Phantom Creep

HA, HA!!!

Uh no I think it's just sitting somewhere amongst the mess on the floor right now... I think?
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Roback

I'm glad that you're getting a kick out of my labels. For the past couple of years I've been trying to obtain them with the packages intact, explosives and all. It can get a bit dicey on eBay so what most people do is say that they added an inert material to the firecracker to render it harmless. It's pretty much a bunch of crap but it happens every day. Here are some additional pics.

I remember these Poha salutes very well when I was a kid. They were extra big and very loud for a salute. They sure don't make em' like that anymore.

Robert Acquarulo

Dr.Terror

Not sure if this thread includes Ebay. I never find stuff in my neck of the woods. I just got this in today from a UK seller.  There are a few monster themed games from the UK, but this one has got to be the strangest.
I was gonna save it for a show and tell, but what the heck I feel like showing off.  ;)

From 1979, here's Frankenstein's Fingers.....  Lose the apostrophe and we become x-rated.  ;)

Here are scans of the playing cards.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Dr.Terror on December 11, 2007, 12:07:23 AM
From 1979, here's Frankenstein's Fingers.....  Lose the apostrophe and we become x-rated.  ;)

So it was you who outbid me!  Ah, I'm glad it went to someone in the group.  Thanks for posting the pix, it's a cooler game than I had thought.

Shannon
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Dr.Terror

I had a feeling if anyone else was gonna bid on it, it would be you.  :D    I love the Waddingtons stuff, Escape from Frankenstein gets no love. ???

The fingers are latex which I found kind of strange. Most fingers like this are plastic or vinyl.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Monster Bob

Wow...pretty crazy art on that Frankenstein game!

Toy Ranch

I got a box from a new UMA member today.  Monstroza/VXXFX makes some groovy masks.  These are the Old Witch and Vault Keeper from EC Comics.  He's working on a Crypt Keeper to complete the trio.  I need to work on the hoods some, but wanted to go ahead and photo these up.

Here's the Vault Keeper:

And the Old Witch

He also has the original molds from some of the Topstone masks.  These molds are owned by someone else, who pulled these masks, but Monstroza painted them up for me. 

Vampire Girl

Lagoon Creature

He has examples of what he's offering in his sig line so check him out!  Great guy to do business with and he's also very fast at getting things turned out.

Dr.Terror

Nice!, I gotta get my Vamp Girl paitned.

Toy Ranch

I love that Frankenstein game, Dr T.  Never seen that before.  Like Monster Bob says, those graphics are CRAZY! 

The firecracker labels are cool too.  I love seeing everyone's cool stuff!  ;D

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Dr.Terror on December 11, 2007, 12:21:57 AM
I had a feeling if anyone else was gonna bid on it, it would be you.  :D

Well, I've slowed down quite a bit since the drop in the dollar, but for a while there the UK and Italy were giving me quite a bit of monster love.  I didn't realize it, but have we crossed swords on ebay before?

QuoteI love the Waddingtons stuff, Escape from Frankenstein gets no love. ???

The Escape From Frankenstein game is great.  The box art alone makes it a must for me, and the game is pretty fun for such things.  Their Top Trumps horror cards are great too.  Do you focus on the UK stuff?  I'm always looking just to find out what there is and what the variations are.  Perhaps I'll start a thread about that...

Best,

Shannon
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Dr.Terror

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 11, 2007, 01:32:15 AM
Well, I've slowed down quite a bit since the drop in the dollar, but for a while there the UK and Italy were giving me quite a bit of monster love.  I didn't realize it, but have we crossed swords on ebay before?

The Escape From Frankenstein game is great.  The box art alone makes it a must for me, and the game is pretty fun for such things.  Their Top Trumps horror cards are great too.  Do you focus on the UK stuff?  I'm always looking just to find out what there is and what the variations are.  Perhaps I'll start a thread about that...

Best,

Shannon

I think I saw your ID on a few things I was watching/bidding over the years, I usually have my watch list full, some were from the UK some just oddball stuff.   And some really good stuff.   I think this may have been the first time we bid on the same thing, at least where it was close.  I tend to just try and catch the weird stuff that falls through the cracks, some of it just happened to be from the UK. Plus I have a few family friends there that can help out with shipping etc...

Have you seen the UK version of the pressman games Revenge of Drac and Escape from Frank?  Much, Much cooler than the US versions.  Their stuff always has a low budget horror comic feel to it.