Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseablemonster

CreepysFan

Man, am I ever envious of that Frankenstein lamp. Way to go Angie, those are fantastic. Man you made out like a bandit Dan, you lucky dog.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

carnivore

Those are very cool lamps you got there.  I don't live too far from burbank, next time pick up the bat phone and tell us.  Hehe.

AHI Creature

Awesome find, that's what it's all about....I am working hard to find something worthy of posting on this thread!  You will know when I find it!

The Creeper

Congrats Dan on a awesome find!  Those are just too cool!
Long live the UMA!

gracebuster

btw, the seller knew they were cool and old and rare. Plus they were nice people and I didn't want to be that guy who beat them down.

I did not pay garage sale prices for them. It was SUBSTANTIALLY more. A good fair price for them and myself.

AHI Creature

(...I don't want to belabor the obvious, but I think it's pretty lucky for the Underground that they happened to have an operative in the area to snag those lamps before they fell into the hands of an outsider.)  

I do wonder though, how they address the issue of yard sales/flea markets etc, but I am guessing some kind of real time high def iphone/google maps/GPS interface with a monstertoy pixel recognition and tracking widget activated at first light every sat/sun, and agents dispatched via high performance electric scooters from a concentric grid in major metro areas, with freelance "rovers" to cover suburban areas.

It must be something like that, or the rest of us would certainly make an occasional score at least.  :(

raycastile

The lamps were a great find, but the cute story of finding them was even cooler.  If Dan had just posted photos of lamps, I'd say, "that's nice."  But I like the way he spins a little adventure yarn so we can share in his excitement.
Raymond Castile

raycastile

Quote from: AHI Creature on October 12, 2009, 09:40:48 PM
Awesome find, that's what it's all about....I am working hard to find something worthy of posting on this thread!  You will know when I find it!

I've been buying a lot of Halloween stuff.  I haven't had time to photograph anything.  I've just been piling it up in my bedroom.  Literally piling it, like a growing sand dune.  When a new item arrives, I just toss it on the Halloween pile.  Eventually it will topple over and suffocate me.
Raymond Castile

gracebuster

I know it's so hard to post sometimes. I honestly had Angie help the other day cause I am such a slow and awful typer.
And gettingt the pictures in the posts...well it just takes a long time.

AHI CREATURE, those are excellent suggestions, sadly, we in the Secret Monster Coven..er ...ahhhh.. I mean group have been utilizing these techniques for years and cannot share them with others!

MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

Seriously, if I can have a lucky find anyone can.

raycastile

I decided to forgo sleep in favor of taking pictures of new monster finds.  So if you look in the mask forum, you'll see some Topstone masks I found this Halloween season.

Raymond Castile

michblk

Quote from: raycastile on October 13, 2009, 09:05:46 AM
I decided to forgo sleep in favor of taking pictures of new monster finds.  So if you look in the mask forum, you'll see some Topstone masks I found this Halloween season.

Ray, you could just take a picture of the pile and let us guess what's in there?   ;D

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

AHI Creature

OK Gang, here's my first attempt at showing off a "find"...not quite as cool and impressive as Dan's lamps, but still fun I hope, and also the fact that I took these photos with my iphone, maybe a good tryout to be a stringer/freelancer for the Underground!

My daughter is turning her room into a completely haunted house of horrors, so we went to the drug store near our house so she could get decorations (we are in southern CA,) and I was amazed at the variety of cool monster stuff!  Here are some photos I shot with my phone in the Halloween aisle, they had battery operated flashing eye figures ($4.99),
5" busts (2 for $5)  wind up walkers (99 cents) squishy heads (2 for $3) and even a Frankie bubble bottle! (99 cents)

Does this get me any closer to a spot in the Underground?  Are you guys finding stuff like this in your drug stores?  Are our kids going to be talking about this stuff all night in monster forums 35 years from now?  Anyway, we have a what we call a "Monster Swell" coming in and I am leaving at 3:00am to photograph big wave surfing off a jet ski tomorrow up north, wish me luck!

The Drunken Severed Head

Where do I find that Bride and werewolf? I've seen none on the shelves anywhere.

Gareee

I've seen the bride at Michael's, but I haven't seen the werewolf at all anywhere this year.

We also saw two sets we liked... see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, in either gargoyles, or skeletons behind tombstones. The skellies won.

Also at the dollar store, like last year's "tie frankenstein to a tree", we found "tie a vampire to a tree... I hadda pick that up.